Security Installer Community

Questions About Future Of Industry.

EuroB0B

From my Understanding SIA do not cover our section of industry. Electronic Security.

Is it because its such a huge/complex market and would result in being very costly for all parties.

or a matter of time?

Whilst not trying to kick off any NSI or SSIAB scuffles what would happen to them?

Reason i ask well tbh Google failed me!

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

I will admit i do not know vast amounts about either NSI or SSIAB, lets make that clear before i say this.

Wouldnt they both become difficult to sustain if SIA make the Rules or are we just talkin SIA doing personell Licensing only.

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Certainly makes more sense - with SSAIB & NSI continuing to carry out company inspections.

Yup so does this mean Basic levels of understanding or to be achived before gaining licencise.

Also would this mean standard terms and conditions for Technical Staff.

Ok going to look further into this cus im very confused now.

Btw other industrys such as Gas and Electrics am i right in thinking they have one main governing body which kicks ass if standards are not kept. aka Gorgi and NICEIC

Archived