Security Installer Community

Screw Fix Heavy Duty Contact 3 Wire

Guest davet

Screw fix heavy duty contact 3 wire

I have purchased on of these for my garage door it has 3 wires blue yellow and black has anyone got some information on how to wire it up currently I have blue and yellow connected as a zone but it shows an open circuit so I am now assuming the black wire does come into play but where does it go?

Thanks Dave.

It should have come with instructions on how to wire the unit. If not you will need to use a multimeter or some other method of continuity testing to identify the normaly closed pair (ie you get a closed circuit with the magnet in place and an open circuit with the magnet removed). Try metering between black and blue and black and yellow.

Trade Member

Sounds like theres a red wire missing? or its EOL? I think the latter unlikely DIY panels are not usually overcomplicated.

Pete

AHa found the bloody red wire about 20mm down the sheath thanks i now I assume the red is the power supply and the black is the earth thanks for your help.

Regards Dave.

Yep that works well connect the 12vdc to those two, and everytime a burglar breaks in and closes the door your alarm will go off and not even you will be able stop it (youll need an endless supply of fuses though) :P

Yes now sorted thanks for your help and I bet I made you smile :yes:

Guest Alarm Guard
Yes now sorted thanks for your help and I bet I made you smile :yes:

You certainly did! Forget doing the alarm. You could script write for Peter Kay. :P

Archived