Security Installer Community

Sl Compact Dialler

Guest boabbruce

Guest boabbruce

Hi all

first post and a couple of questions if anyone can help.

I have just moved house and have an SL compact alarm and Dialler fitted.There was no manual left but I managed to get one from here and change the code (thanks :D)

Anyway the problem with the dialler is two fold, It still operates from the old code so I would like to change it to keep both codes the same, but I also need to change the numbers it contacts when the alarm triggers.

Is there a manual around that can show me the code and mobile change procedures?

Also I am having a real problem getting broadband due to an unsuitable product on the line could this be caused by the dialler?

thanks

Also I am having a real problem getting broadband due to an unsuitable product on the line

Who did you ask?

What exactly did they say?

It's more likely to be a DACS (line share). Some ISP's just give up if they find one because of the hassle, BT won't unless it costs too much to remove (up to about

Guest boabbruce

pipex and bt both say

"We have detected a product that may be currently unsuitable for Broadband on your line."

I originally assumed it was the previous broadband supplier markers but they (Tiscali) reckon that they have been removed.I am hoping that it is just taking a few days for the system to update but as ever it is hard to get a straight answer from anyone at BT.That is why I thought the dialler may be causing the problem.

pipex and bt both say

"We have detected a product that may be currently unsuitable for Broadband on your line."

I originally assumed it was the previous broadband supplier markers but they (Tiscali) reckon that they have been removed.I am hoping that it is just taking a few days for the system to update but as ever it is hard to get a straight answer from anyone at BT.That is why I thought the dialler may be causing the problem.

If you had broadband before then it definitely won't be a DACS, so ask BT to be more specific.

Pipex will only be reporting what BT tell them.

Someone else can comment on the dialler; not my area of expertise.

Guest boabbruce

I think I have found the correct manual for the dialler. It looks like it may also have been called an Informa Dialler. I will try the instructions tonight and attach the manual if it works.

Archived