Security Installer Community

Network Recording Device For Ip Cameras

Guest paddy

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi

Are there any 4 Channel Recorders on the market that can be connected directly to IP cameras using RJ45 connectiors.

Thanks in advance

Paddy

It's a bit late for me to get my brain in gear, but I vaguely recall that March Networks may have a 4 channel unit that fits the bill. http://www.doktorjon.com/manufacturers/M/march1.html

I know that a few other manufacturers have launched some interesting products in the last few weeks; JVC for example are introducing a standalone with Milestone Systems software on board, and Wavelet have also launched a new model that allows both analogue and IP camera connection, but I think they are probably 9 channel units.

If you're interested, post back and I'll dig out some links.

Quadrox network video recorders accept direct IP inputs from a range of IP cameras (Panasonic/Axis/Sony etc.). Several other manufacturers support a mix of analog and IP inputs. Most manufacturers offer a single RJ45 input, multiple cameras are input via a standard hub. Inputs are not limited like traditional DVRs with BNC connectors. The limitation on IP camera inputs is defined by the processing power of the recorder (often max of around 10 - although some manufacturers state up up 32).

Link:

http://www.webcctv.com/start.asp?main=webcctv_nvr

Paul Main

ClearView Communications Ltd

Robjohns Road Chelmsford

Essex CM1 3AG

Telephone: 01245 214104

Fax: 01245 214101

paul.main@clearview-communications.com

www.clearview-communications.com

Personally I don't see IP camera support as stable enough yet to rely on long-term. Admittedly this is mainly because the last IP cam implementation I saw on our kit wasn't too hot, but overall it doesn't seem to really hit the right mark...

--

psumner@dmicros.com

Manufacturer

... multiple cameras are input via a standard hub.

here an it man would use something else than hub..

Inputs are not limited like traditional DVRs with BNC connectors. The limitation on IP camera inputs is defined by the processing power of the recorder (often max of around 10 - although some manufacturers state up up 32).

professional software can easily record at rates of 1000ips. divide that across how many cameras and ips per camera you wish but i think it exceeds 32 anyway..?

Georg, im curious 1000 fps thats huge, any links im vurious. Didnt know Big blue had been made into a dvr

seriously im curious to see the hardware req for that fps

software database can achieve a throughput of 1000 ips. below is a hw needed for approx 30 video sources.

Xeon Dual Processor with each 3.2 GHZ Processor speed

RAM 4 GB

Enough archiving space for images, system with RAID 1

Network Card: 100/1000 Mbps

OS: Windows Server 2003 or Linux Suse from 9.6 or higher

not too silly i think..

:question:

Archived