Security Installer Community

Everspring Ha28 System

Guest gizmatron

Guest gizmatron

I have a property which has an Everspring HA28 Alarm System.

My late father DIY fitted it many years ago and whilst I have a key for it I need to get 2 more cut for potential lodgers to have. Wherever I go to get them cut they say that they don't have enough information to obtain the blank. One of the keys has a number 7341 on it and it fits a cabinet style barrel lock with soldered connections on the back. There are no other markings as to make of barrel. They often don't recognise the name of the system either. Has anyone got website or supplier details to obtain these keys? I really don't want to replace the barrel if at all possible. What manufacturer supplied the barrels for this model? Thanks.

alarminfo@measom.wanadoo.co.uk

Ring my office on 020 7381 6418, ask for tony. he can run that key number thru our computer system, it holds most key info available. Should do for a 7k key cutting machine.

Sometimes it wont know but we have ways, or to be precise we know the right people

cheers

Wow! I bought one of these off maplin when I was young (bedroom project!).

If I remember, you had to turn the panel back on (with zones omitted) for the PAB/tamper (the PAB and tamper were not 24hours?).

Here it is...

http://groups.msn.com/UKSecurityPanels/old...amp;PhotoID=445

Edited by Matt Ward

• 12 years later...

Matt further to your experience with your bedroom project the Everspring alarm system HA-28 from Maplins, I have been using two of these for 30 years in mine and my daughters house, and only this week I had 

a problem as I accidently set of the control box tamper. The box cut out and now I only have the mains light on. the good battery back up is not showing its light , there is no other sign of life. I have tried your suggestion switching out all the zones and repowering up but apart from the ac light, the box is dead. the 3 fuses inside are ok. the manual which I have, made no mention of recovering from the tamper. you may be surprised to know you are the only reference to this box on the whole world wide web, any advice, I tried to down load your suggested info but could not get it off the MSN group.

5 hours ago, Georgear said:

Matt further to your experience with your bedroom project the Everspring alarm system HA-28 from Maplins, I have been using two of these for 30 years in mine and my daughters house, and only this week I had 

a problem as I accidently set of the control box tamper. The box cut out and now I only have the mains light on. the good battery back up is not showing its light , there is no other sign of life. I have tried your suggestion switching out all the zones and repowering up but apart from the ac light, the box is dead. the 3 fuses inside are ok. the manual which I have, made no mention of recovering from the tamper. you may be surprised to know you are the only reference to this box on the whole world wide web, any advice, I tried to down load your suggested info but could not get it off the MSN group.

Down power, then power up mains only 

2 hours ago, Georgear said:

well done Peter James, I powered down then up without the battery, and "ping" the box came back to life, and all is now ok. lots of green lights, thanks , I guess that's why you have the title of FAMOUS MEMBER. Hears to the next 30 years.

The battery is knackered pulling the system down when you power it up