Security Installer Community

Texecom Prestige Qd Pir Wiring

Guest sp1bob

Firstly, please excuse what I'm sure is a very, very basic question - but hey we've all got to start somewhere !

I am using Texecom Prestige Quad QD PIR to connect to their Premier 24 Board. In the installation manual for the board it has wiring diagrams for Single Pole, Double Pole and End of Line Zone Connections and also Normally Open or Normally Closed functions. The details that came with the PIR are very limited and wanted to know which of the wiring options is applicable for the Prestige QD PIR.

Gratefully yours ...........

The PIR will support all of these wiring configurations - you need to decide which one you will use for your whole installation. Double-pole is easiest for a beginner to install, but EOL is better as the cable is better supervised and it makes life easier for troubleshooting.

Thanks very much for the speedy reply.

Sorry, but I am still a little confused. I assume that if I choose double pole I will not need to make use of the resistors that came with the control panel ?

Also, if I chose double pole, which cables are connected to which terminals on the PIR (and to where on the C/P). The terminals on the PIR are :-

Tamper x2

Alarm x2

12v

0v

FTA

RLED

Thanks again for any help ........

The connections to your control panel are in red

Thanks very much for the speedy reply.

Sorry, but I am still a little confused. I assume that if I choose double pole I will not need to make use of the resistors that came with the control panel ?

Also, if I chose double pole, which cables are connected to which terminals on the PIR (and to where on the C/P). The terminals on the PIR are :-

Tamper x2----- connect to "tamp" or "A/T" Wired in series with other tamper wires

Alarm x2-----connect to the zone you want ie. "3" or "Zone 3"

12v-----connect to "aux 12v"

0v-----connect to "aux 0v"

FTA----not needed

RLED----not needed

Thanks again for any help ........

:)

If you don't know......ask.

To attach all other tampers in series, does that mean I can't simply return tamper cables from all detectors back to the Auxulliary Tamper connector on the control panel ? How do I achieve sereies connection wihout some form of additioanl connection facility ? ie. another connector block I add inside the confines of the C/P housing ?

Thanks again.

To attach all other tampers in series, does that mean I can't simply return tamper cables from all detectors back to the Auxulliary Tamper connector on the control panel ? How do I achieve sereies connection wihout some form of additioanl connection facility ? ie. another connector block I add inside the confines of the C/P housing ?

Thanks again.

Thats right connect them in series with connector block

Would I be right in thinking that if I choose the way you have suggested I will not need the resistors fitting ?

You would be correct! :)

If you don't know......ask.

cheers Brian, UR very helpful - much appreciated.

I assume it would be alright for me to fit a connector block of my own inside the C/P

Also I have some honeywell EMPS Magnetic Contacts which don't seem to have a wiring diagram with them. They have 5 unmarked terminals, I know I need to use 4 (2 tamper, 2 Alarm) but I've no idea which are which - help ......

• 2 weeks later...

perhaps you may be better doing a search and trying to understand "normally open", and normally closed" switches and look basically at loops there are plenty of websites out there to explain what these terminologys mean. you really dont need a wiring diagram for magnetic contacts there so basic, again think of a switch in a loop (very basic) tamper again in its basic form a loop to protect something.

also remember how you have configured each zone

kat21

Archived