Security Installer Community

Cpx Wiring....

Guest xt600

Yes oldhand, i do understand simple circuits and resistors....as you say it's an integral part of c&g 236.

:hmm: okay

What i dont understand is how and when resistors are used with detectors as i have not messed with alarm systems and their components before.

:hmm: its a simple circuit....

but when you have instructions with no clear diagrams or explanations, and detectors which have differing contacts, you have to call on those willing top help in fora such as this.

what do you expect, put the pretty blue wire in terminal A?, best to say away from alarm controls I think...... God help you if you come across a proper set of controls with wards or something...

Okay EOL circuit explaned for the novice......

Two resistors in series, one across alarm relay/reed, the other links between alarm + tamper, closed circuit (secure) reads one resistor, detector in alarm read both, tamper is cable shorted or circuit open.......

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alan i must say that is 100% the way i was trained why do we strive to be the best in our chosen fields just to get someone who dont know intruder/fire/cctv/access telling us we dont know what were doing/saying

hi FCE,

(get a shorter handle - please :P )

please, don't see this as a pop aimed at you, just a general venting of my view -:

where is he saying 'we don't know what we are talking about' nothing that i have seen suggests this, yet he has been told so and rudely, to chuck the panel back at screwfix to boot as its a 'professional' panel not for DIY's :no: .

being derogatory, patronising or promoting chirlish protectionism has no place within common sense imo.

imo it takes a good year to 18 months to train a half decent keen individual, to be called a grade three, 3 - 4 years to be truely competant in installation, and a further 3 years to be a real service engineer, so how is a little help going to drain our vast knowledge base so badly?

i agree yes we have trained hard and achieved our position with hard work, but that is not an excuse not to be polite if anyone decides to post. guys that don't want to help with all goodwill and patience - fine your releived as decreed by my Invested King Arfur's Royal Powers. please don't bother, stay in the wings smirking with your self beleif and supposed superiority for company, just leave it up to those who do care and want to help.

why do i care?, because a bad alarm anywhere in the country ripples down and affects you , me and all decent companies alike. if xj600 did get a bolshy engineer to instal his system he is highly unlikeley to recommend this route to his freinds and family. so what do you think he thinks of us 'experts' when he gets this sort of treatment?

conciderthis too, what do you think he will then recommend to his circle of aquantances - get a pro in - i don't think so :no: why pay to be insullted when you can get it for free in here. xt600 may not have our degree of knowledge perhaps, he walks upright has a simular ammount of digits and certainly has his opinion and a voice to go with it.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Alan i must say that is 100% the way i was trained why do we strive to be the best in our chosen fields just to get someone who dont know intruder/fire/cctv/access telling us we dont know what were doing/saying

hi FCE,

(get a shorter handle - please :P )

where is he saying 'we don't know what we are talking about' nothing that i have seen suggests this, yet he has been told so, and to chuck the panel back at screwfix to boot as its a 'professional' panel :no: .

being derogatory, patronising or promoting chirlish protectionism has no place within common sense imo

regs

aln

Alan i like my handle lol to shorten it wud shorten me n being 6'6 i like my height :P i was talking in general not in particular about XT600

All comments in this post are my own views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer

but when you have instructions with no clear diagrams or explanations, and detectors which have differing contacts, you have to call on those willing top help in fora such as this.

what do you expect, put the pretty blue wire in terminal A?, best to say away from alarm controls I think...... God help you if you come across a proper set of controls with wards or something...

Two resistors in series, one across alarm relay/reed, the other links between alarm + tamper, closed circuit (secure) reads one resistor, detector in alarm read both, tamper is cable shorted or circuit open.......

By the ides of march, this is magic, how you learn of such things?

Does the technology college not guide us along this magical path to the great god OMH.

Right thats me out of this pointless debate.

cheers

By the ides of march, this is magic, how you learn of such things?

Does the technology college not guide us along this magical path to the great god OMH.

Right thats me out of this pointless debate.

cheers

Hoorahhh!!

Xt600 doesn't matter what you say, I did help you solve the problems with the ammending the zone tags to off. I asked you several times what wiring method you selected, maybe i should have put RECONFIRM in big letters but i assumed you would be able to answer the simple question that I asked. You didn't, you still have the problems .

Arfur for all your huffing and puffing about everything other than the problem the guys got, its still not solved, I thought you were a Gardtec expert ;) Presumably the training maual will be on the same shelf as your Standards ;)

Now Xt600 had I been felling really helpfull I would have got a CPX panel and I wise detectors out our store and wired them up, took some pictures to help you. But as you felt I never helped you I just wont bother. :P

Hey XT600 i hasen to add im not an intruder alarm engineer but from what i understand from what ive read on this site that for your intruder alarm to be conformative with the intruder regs and to satisfy insurance it needs to be fitted by a Recognised Installer to Nacoss or ssaib, so therefore if your house was broken into and there was no certificate to say it conformed to this standard then insurance would not cover the loss

Im Not sure if this is 100% correct and i hope if im wrong one of the good fellows in here will point that out

regs

Adam

p.s sorry about poor grammer and spelling

OMG....Someone else who fails to read and understand the whole topic?

So FCE, where do i find a Recognised Installer to Nacoss or ssaib....in Bulgaria??

Insurance? in BG???

Xt600 doesn't matter what you say, I did help you solve the problems with the ammending the zone tags to off. I asked you several times what wiring method you selected, maybe i should have put RECONFIRM in big letters but i assumed you would be able to answer the simple question that I asked. You didn't, you still have the problems .

Now Xt600 had I been felling really helpfull I would have got a CPX panel and I wise detectors out our store and wired them up, took some pictures to help you. But as you felt I never helped you I just wont bother. :P

QFA

So FCE, where do i find a Recognised Installer to Nacoss or ssaib....in Bulgaria??

Insurance? in BG???

XT600 all i can ask is that you stop this patronisation of a good group of fella's who are trying to help you. I myself did read the whole thing but i read it 2 quick i was mearly putting my point in and because it was wrong i shall recind this comment

But please try not to upset a excellent group of individuals here as they may not help you when your in dire need

All comments in this post are my own views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer

Insurance? in BG???

XT600 all i can ask is that you stop this patronisation of a good group of fella's who are trying to help you. I myself did read the whole thing but i read it 2 quick i was mearly putting my point in and because it was wrong i shall recind this comment

But please try not to upset a excellent group of individuals here as they may not help you when your in dire need

Sorry for any offence but it is frustrating to read so many comments from those who clearly have not read or understood the whole topic. it's hard work having to repeat everything !! There are some excellent individuals here, but there are also some not so excellent ones! i have had some sound advice from some. :)

Jesus. Four pages of ****/waffle.

Gents, if you dont want to help the bloke with his DIY system then Dont Involve Yourself!

QFA,

i have pushed this along to get some to recognise short or abreviated advice is not usually enough for newbs or diy's.

i treat it like programming one of those kids robot toys that go 3 feet forward turn left go backward 2 feet etc. miss a step and wooops falls of mantlepiece hits floor and bust in bits (spoiled last christmas wrotten - it was my toy :cry: ).

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived