Security Installer Community

Please Help! Disabling A Pir Sensor For Decorating

Guest Rich6826

Guest Rich6826

Hi guys

I'm trying to decorate my uncles lounge this weekend, but couldn't complete the coving because of the PIR sensor being in the way. By searching around on the web I've discovered the alarm system is a Scantronic 9210, but I can't find a simple way of disabling the tamper system. The trouble I have is that as soon as I try to unclip the front cover of the sensor (I'm presuming this will give me access to the securing screws), the alarm goes off. We know the code to diasable it, but I would like to be able to take the thing apart without worrying about the alarm! :fear:

If anyone can give me some quick advice I'd be really gratefull.

Thanks!

Alarm Plonker

Can you not paper around it, if you not sure what your doing you may blow the aux power fuses and have even more problems............Why not get a local engineer to assist?

cheers

Can you not paper around it, if you not sure what your doing you may blow the aux power fuses and have even more problems............Why not get a local engineer to assist?

cheers

bit difficult as i think coving is being put up so he may need a local engineer to put the system into engineers mode as the pir will have to be taken down by the sounds of it.

Oops i missed the coving bit, but i did say get a local engineer :P

cheers

Dear CJT.

cj if i may, as help is offered may i ask when i can get a "mullet" similar to yours, its widely admired and is the talk of the town! :P

Soz bored on call and no calls, sleep pattern totally destroyed ect ect.

Hi guys

I'm trying to decorate my uncles lounge this weekend, but couldn't complete the coving because of the PIR sensor being in the way. By searching around on the web I've discovered the alarm system is a Scantronic 9210, but I can't find a simple way of disabling the tamper system. The trouble I have is that as soon as I try to unclip the front cover of the sensor (I'm presuming this will give me access to the securing screws), the alarm goes off. We know the code to diasable it, but I would like to be able to take the thing apart without worrying about the alarm! :fear:

If anyone can give me some quick advice I'd be really gratefull.

Thanks!

Alarm Plonker

In fitting coving you will need to drop the PIR lower down the wall - now if the installer didn't leave any slack cable above the ceiling the cable will have to be extended and this is probably not a job for the inexperienced.

I too advise calling a local installer.

Guest Rich6826

Hi guys

Thanks for your responses. In the end I removed the battery from the alarm system and shut the power off to the house. It killed the PIR and stopped the tamper alarm. I dropped it down the 6 inches needed, cleaned it up, and refitted. When the power went on the alarm was trigured, but I popped the code in and all was well...

Hi guys

Thanks for your responses. In the end I removed the battery from the alarm system and shut the power off to the house. It killed the PIR and stopped the tamper alarm. I dropped it down the 6 inches needed, cleaned it up, and refitted. When the power went on the alarm was trigured, but I popped the code in and all was well...

You should have changed the back-up battery whilst you were in there with a new one, if it had been in for a couple of years or more.

Archived