Security Installer Community

Day Night

whistle

Untitled.wmv

Have been testing the samsung Day / Night camera from Dynamic and found it very good

This clip is in almost total darkness. There are street lights over 40mtr away.

Very good me thinks

Yes very good indeed. The Samsung range utilizing their new WIII DSP chipset offer at least equivalent low light performance to the SHC-721 and many other similar cameras but at less than half the cost. The only drawback to the range at the moment is none are IR sensitive until the launch of SDN-550 in October, but with low light performance as good as it is is IR really needed?

Click below to see how the Samsung range stack up against other types of camera.

Low light Samsung

Paul

:hmm: looks a good image, but there would seem to be lots of light about, the shawdows cast by the trees the glare on the dark cars bonnet?

did you take a lux reading?

I have also installed many of these from dynamic. Superb cameras in almost any consition. I seem to get better low light performance of their vld dome for some reason though. Bosh dinion are very good but there is no comparison here as the samsungs are a third of the price!

I have also installed many of these from dynamic. Superb cameras in almost any consition. I seem to get better low light performance of their vld dome for some reason though. Bosh dinion are very good but there is no comparison here as the samsungs are a third of the price!

The reason VLD appears to be better is that its default Sens-Up setting is 128X whereas the Samsung camera comes factory set at 8X. This is the option that gives the low light performance and cranking it up on the Samsung will give same performance as our VLD dome. Hope this helps for future installs.

Paul

The reason VLD appears to be better is that its default Sens-Up setting is 128X whereas the Samsung camera comes factory set at 8X. This is the option that gives the low light performance and cranking it up on the Samsung will give same performance as our VLD dome. Hope this helps for future installs.

Paul

cheers Paul, Will check that monday. Thought it was something like that.

:hmm: looks a good image, but there would seem to be lots of light about, the shawdows cast by the trees the glare on the dark cars bonnet?

did you take a lux reading?

QFA. There must be a fair bit of light about for 1. the shadows to be cast and 2. the camera not switching to B&W.

Sure you have your time/date setup right? :P

If you don't know......ask.

SDC_415_Bench_Test.pdf

Untitled.wmv

Have been testing the samsung Day / Night camera from Dynamic and found it very good

Very good me thinks

Have just found Security Installer bench test of this camera on my computer and thought it might be of interest.

Paul

Archived