Security Installer Community

Pir

I didn't think you could program zones on a veritas as unused? I thought they had to be programmed as something but linked out in panel if not actually required..

No you are correct, you can't. Only on the Premier range can you do this!

Yes ou can :yes:

On Veritas 8 & R8 & Compact you can programme any zone as un-used. On the R8 & Excell you can programme them as un-used but you must then fit a 10k resistor

Sorry sir but you cant program zones as spare on the veritas range and you only fit a 10K resistor if using EOL. You just leave the link in if your not using a zone.

RTM :P

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Alarm Guard

You are right. on the R8+ & Excell you only need the resistor if using EOL

But you definately can programme zones as unused on the whole Veritas range: Mark2 models manufactured since 1999... :yes: .... Trust me. I'm an alarm engineer.. ;)

As this is in the public area, I won't describe how but I will do so in the trade area if you still doubt me..

Guest Alarm Guard
I now also agree, sorry AG

No need to appologise mate.... but just remember, if ever there is anything you aren't sure about, just ask me! B) ..... :P

But you can borrow my position when im on holiday. :plane:

sorry mate, done my time in the corners, you may keep your position :P

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

I didn't think you could program zones on a veritas as unused? I thought they had to be programmed as something but linked out in panel if not actually required..

No you are correct, you can't. Only on the Premier range can you do this!

Yes ou can :yes:

On Veritas 8 & R8 & Compact you can programme any zone as un-used. On the R8 & Excell you can programme them as un-used but you must then fit a 10k resistor

Just to clarify, you CAN NOT PROGRAMME zones out on the V8,. VR8,VR8+ and V8c,

options are.

1. Push to set

2. Inhibited Entry

3. Guard

4. Fire

5. Tamper

6. E/E

7. Panic

8. Keyswitch

Where is the NOT USED bit???

Just trying to do my job