Security Installer Community

Esp Infinite Wireless Alarm

John Hewitt

Just bought one of these wireless alarm systems from TLC Direct http://tinyurl.com/jpmlc

Actually, I went into a local electrical shop for something else, saw this system and it came very highly recommended as being an excellent system and very easy to install - no experience necessary said the guy in the shop. I was interested and started doing some research then found the same kit for

Guest rjbsec

It may need a period of time movement-free before it will send a signal to the panel, most work this way. However you should contact your supplier for support - if they cannot support it they should not be selling it.

Actually, I think this is normal.? The wireless detectors only trigger once every few minutes to conserve the batteries. Should work fine so long as no one breaks in within a few minutes of you setting the system.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

PIR Sensors (EL-2600/EL-2600PI)

The EL-2600 and EL-2600PI are intelligent wireless PIR sensors for use with the infinite system. Both sensors implement a feature to combat the problem of multiple transmissions, which drastically reduce the life of the batteries. After each transmission, there is a four-minute delay during which further transmissions will not be sent. The EL-2600PI is designed for installations prone to nuisance alarms caused by pets or small animals.

above is a quote from Page 67 of the Installation manual, and below from page 68.
LED Indication

The LED indicator is lit twice every time a transmission is made. Insert the LED jumper to enable LED indication and remove the LED jumper to disable LED indication.

Thanks rjbsec and Dave, for your very quick replies :)

Just a bit of extra info - someone in the uk.d-i-y newsgroup said that it was very easy to get the PIRs upside down (they look more "natural" that way) and so the beams would predominantly be looking at the ceiling, so I turned one round.

That did actually make a big difference to the walk test and it seemed to work more like I expected it to. However, when I tried it for real (system fully armed with a 60-second exit delay) I waited for maybe 30 seconds before re-entering and I was able to walk right up to the hallway PIR and wave my hand in front of it without triggering the alarm (60-second entry delay countdown) - which makes me think that you may well have hit the nail on the head Dave.

I'll have another try and wait about 5 or 10 minutes before re-entering the house.

cheers chaps,

John.

And thanks again Dave - I can't type quick enough to keep up :P

However, when I tried it for real (system fully armed with a 60-second exit delay) I waited for maybe 30 seconds before re-entering and I was able to walk right up to the hallway PIR and wave my hand in front of it without triggering the alarm (60-second entry delay countdown)

Those are long Entry and Exit times, try shortening them if you can.?. Is it possible you re-entered the premises before the 60 seconds exit had actually expired.?

Used to fit these all the time. The PIR's will not activate for 4 mins after it has detected. Though 1 think to note is that if you leave the house after the '4 minute timeout' the detectors should pickup instantly. If this is not the case then they are positioned wrong. Putting the walk test jumper on will make the PIRs detect pretty much all the time (though they rest for a few seconds) though this is only for testing purposes and if left in this state will run the batteries down considerably quicker than the manufacturers quoted times.

Trade Member

However, when I tried it for real (system fully armed with a 60-second exit delay) I waited for maybe 30 seconds before re-entering and I was able to walk right up to the hallway PIR and wave my hand in front of it without triggering the alarm (60-second entry delay countdown)

Those are long Entry and Exit times, try shortening them if you can.?. Is it possible you re-entered the premises before the 60 seconds exit had actually expired.?

Down to 30 seconds now Dave and no, I definitely waited for a minute or so before re-entering after the exit delay tones had stopped.

John.

Make sure you don't put them upside down as you can not get them back off if you do. Trust me I know... LOL

If you have anymore problems call ESP Technical line and ask to speak to Gary. No one else, He will help as much as he can.

Just trying to do my job

Archived