Security Installer Community

Customer Management Software?

File Details are now available in the "Communal Trade Forums - Instalers and Engineers" section.

Many Thanks Steve..Im sure many will find this usefull.

cheers

Apply for Trade Membership Steve..?

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

No problem.

I am so busy with my new Internet Monitoring venture that there is no way I could continue development of the AlarmPro software. No point having it sat there doing nothing - so I hope some of your guys get to use it on a daily basis. I would imagine that the URN forms and the inspectorate certificates are a little dated, but other than that I think everything should be fine.

All I ask is that if you are going to test it - please read the manual first and have a good play around. Please don't pester Dave with PM's - send me an email and I'll get to it as quick as I can. My contact details are on my web site. I will be "offline" from 1st to 9th of October as I move my family from Australia to Thailand.

If there are enough companies interested in the web based version, I could look at bringing it back to life and let the community drive it's development. I'm sure there are some "coders" amongst you, so who knows, I may even open it up to allow some custom development alongside my commerciial development.

Steve.

Free Alarm Monitoring over the Internet from IP Alarms

It's had 32 downloads so far just from the trade forum, not counting any direct from your site link. So looks like quite a few are trying it out.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Yeah its the web version im intrested in, is it php or asp?

It is written in ASP.Net and uses the MS SQL Server (or MSDE) database.

The next two weeks are a little crazy for me as I move countries, but once I'm settled I will dig it out and bring it back to life.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Rod Harris
Year 1 very good product easy to use , few bugs but quickly sorted.

Year 2 more bugs on the update, like adds a penny between invoices and statements so everyone owes me a penny!!! :angry: but still gvfm.

Year 3 loads of customers dont get a maintenance visit and are not invoiced at all because the stupid database considers them as bad payers as they all owed me a penny :angry2::angry:

After Rod told me it was us doing something wrong for the millionth time I put a backup copy on my laptop so I could keep an eye on it, found the program made daily, spread changes all over the server, and to client pc's c drives.

So yep its cheap but it cost me so much more than I paid for it, Alarm master cost me 12 times what I paid for kiss, and it imediately found

Guest Rod Harris

Thanks for the publicity Pete. Maybe if anyone is interested in Management Software, give Rod at KISS a ring on 01773 71422 for a demonstration disc, and find out what the programme really does. However I cannot guarantee that it will work over a disconnected server network

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

We use ACT 6 management database (still available from Amazon - not expensive), never had problem in 5yrs, very stable. You can attach docs, xls, pdf, zips, jpeg etc. Noitifies you with popups for end of yearly contracts, meetings, jobs to do etc.

This version is last of its type as Symantec sold it out to Sage who integrated it into there s/ware & they have now hiked up there prices because Sage now has database connectivity.

Also if you do not want to pay Microsoft prices for office suite try Ability Office Pro (www.ability.com) about

• 5 months later...
Hey gupster,

I wrote the Windows based AlarmPro software years ago and I don't market it any more due to other projects. It is probably still used by dozens of NSI and SSAIB approved companies. I have often thought of offering it free of charge to new Alarm Companies that do not yet have computerised systems. So, I guess now would be a good time to start doing so.

You, and anyone else on this forum are welcome to download it from my web site on the understanding that I cannot offer support and that it will not be upgraded in the future. I will make the files available and post a link as soon as someone let's me know they are interested.

AlarmPro has been replaced by a web based version which allows you to install the software on a server and have your engineers and customers access it with a browser at any time. If allowed by you, Customers can request services and view alarm and maintenance history. I think it was written too early, but might gain momentum in a few years time as internet acceptance becomes more widespread.

Hi

I would be interested in a copy of your Alarm Pro please. Could you direct me where to obtain it?

Thanks

Tony

We use MS Access.

Decided to go computerised in 1997, used a template in office97. It didn't really cut the mustard, so decided to start with blank DB and build it up from there.

Over the past ten years we have added and adjusted as we see fit, which means it works exactly how WE want it to, it is fluid and developes with us. It integrates without agro to word, excell, and all those other MS products. It will also integrate with just about any other major programme as any that it can't wont sell.

The best bit is that everyone already knows how to use it. 30mins training and off they go. Don't have to worry about product support, email seattle, they got more geeks than buffalo that side of the water.

• 2 weeks later...
I would be interested in a copy of your Alarm Pro please. Could you direct me where to obtain it?

Hey Tony,

Sorry about the delay - I don't get to visit the forum much these days. I have decided to post a link to AlarmPro directly on the home page of my web site ipalarms.co.uk

I'm in the process of updating the site, so if it's not there by the weekend, please email me a reminder.

Steve.

• 3 weeks later...

Done. Better late than never ;)

Whether you are "officially" in the trade or not - I don't care. The software is now available to anyone that wants to use it.

There are links on the home page of my web site to the software and the manual.

Enjoy.

Steve.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I have trying my hand with microsoft access and have made a database to help with alarms.

If anyone wants to try it i can give them a copy.

A.D.A.M

ALARM DATA AND MAINTENANCE

THIS ACCESS DATABASE CAN BE USED TO STORE CUSTOMER RECORDS AND MANAGE MAINTENANCE VISTS OF 6 AND 12 MONTHLY INTERVALS.

yOU CAN STORE THE VARIOUS SYSTEM TYPES AND ALSO STORE AND RECALL INSTRUCTION MANUALS FOR EACH PANEL ON SITE.

YOU CAN STORE ENGINEER VISITS AND CALL HISTORY.

IT SPLITS YOUR CUSTOMER BASE INTO 3 AREAS, NORTH,CENTRAL AND SOUTH.

IF YOU HAVE ACROBAT READER ON YOU COMPUTER YOU CAN LINK INSTRUCTION MANUALS TO THE CUSTOMERS RECORD.

IF YOU HAVE A COPY OF A CONTROL PANEL INSTRUCTIONS THEN STORE THEM IN A FOLDER AND LINK IT WITH THAT SITE.

THE FOLDER NAMED MANUAL IS THE PLACE TO STORE ANY MANUALS YOU HAVE FOR PANELS ETC.

WHEN YOU FILL IN THE SITE DETAILS YOU CAN RIGHT CLICK ONTO THE ENG/USER MANUAL BOX AND PICK THE HYPERLINK OPTION,EDIT HYPERLINK AND FIND THE MANUAL FOR THE SITE.

ONCE YOU HAVE LINKED IT TO THE RECORD YOU CAN THEN BRING UP THE MANUAL IN ACROBAT READER BY CLICKING ONTO THE ENG/USER BOX.

THE SYSTEM TYPES WILL GIVE YOU REPORTS ON THE TYPES OF SYSTEMS YOU HAVE.

This is my first attempt at this but iam pleased with it so far.

Kev

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

My company moved over to macs at the beginning of the year. I was previously an app developer for OSX and have always been a fan of the systems. The package lease deal I got offered was a lot better than what dell were offering me and now with the systems being able to run Windows I figured it would be faultless.

I do wish Id kept a few of the laptops though as getting CMS software for the mac is a pig!

Archived