Security Installer Community

Customer Management Software?

Hello. We are a medium sized alarm company and I am looking for a software programme to help me manage our intruder alarm customer base and make the maintenance visit scheduling easier. Do you have any suggestions, the SSAIB recommend BASE but on speaking to someone who has used this in the past, they were not very impressed and gave up on it. Thank you

What do you company owners use to manage your customer database.?

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have constructed my own multi-relational database using Access. I can adapt it to the requirements of another company if they are interested.

Being Access based, it is very powerful and competely seemless.

Elements include:

Customer details. Job details. Invoicing. Automatic VAT calculations. Reports. Monthly maintenance lists. Customer reminders. Jobs by day, or engineer, or by customer. Unfinished jobs. Unpaid invoice checking. Unpaid invoice reminders (3 stages). Installation details with zone details, resistances, voltages, Etc...

I can call up all details of any customer in seconds and keeping a check on maintenances, Etc. is a breeze.

We use this and find it very good.

i use a product called service life has

install, service, visits, callouts, invoices with sage, quotes schedules sections and some more does most of the things i require icluding the 4hr tracking

We have used this for about 4 years now can be bought outright sales or on a yearly contract

Mark Smith, Director, S M Fire & Security Ltd, Bradford

I'm fairly sure my last employer used "Alarm Master", he seemed to be happy enough with it but I remember he frequently used to be getting updates to the program.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

• 3 weeks later...
i use a product called service life has

install, service, visits, callouts, invoices with sage, quotes schedules sections and some more does most of the things i require icluding the 4hr tracking

We have used this for about 4 years now can be bought outright sales or on a yearly contract

Got a website for them?

Really im after something web based then i can alter it to exactly what i want. I just need something with the bare bones so i dont have to start from stratch.

I would try a few different ones first, to make sure they do what you want them to do and you are happy with it before you part with your money.

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Archived