Security Installer Community

Oldest Panel

Guest chappo

Still see the original optimas just plodding on, de commissioned a logic 4 the other week was working fine until i tested a full set and waited for the entry time to expire finished my brew waiting and filled out the paperwork, got the panel change booked in and was still waiting :lol: first panel installed was a menvier TS510 still remember the entry timer tone and fire tones it made 

Agreed, I did try to adjust the timer pot on the logic 4 but to no avail to Be fair I think it was due retirement   Customer got An excellent service life out of it, keyswitch was damaged from use was just tired.

got an m series at home got to admit always liked my Menviers but to be fair was what I was taught on so would explain it the tones sounded like a really p****d off robot power cycling :lol:

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I started as an apprentice with Chubb in 1976 just a few years after the take over and merger of Burgot and Rely-A-Bell. Many sites still had DC 24V signaling or gramophone record players dialing 999 and playing the message, police police police this is an automated alarm reporting from XXXX. If you fancy a laugh, I have written a series of books. Alarming Stories I, tales of an apprentice intruder alarm engineer covers the period 1976 - 1980 and can be read for free at the link below, purchased for Kobo or Kindle for £3.21 or as a paperback on Amazon - read it for free here https://www.onlinesecurityproducts.co.uk/alarming-stories.html

The second volume Alarming Stories II tales of a security engineer covers the period 1980 - 1986 and includes many photographs taken whilst I was commissioning the largest CCTV installation in Europe, the Network Southeast driver only operation CCTV system, cameras and monitors on every platform on the network. Volume 2 can be ordered on Kobo or Kindle for £3.21 or as a paperback. from Amazon.

• Upvote 1

When I have 

21 minutes ago, Philtheengineer said:

I started as an apprentice with Chubb in 1976 just a few years after the take over and merger of Burgot and Rely-A-Bell. Many sites still had DC 24V signaling or gramophone record players dialing 999 and playing the message, police police police this is an automated alarm reporting from XXXX. If you fancy a laugh, I have written a series of books. Alarming Stories I, tales of an apprentice intruder alarm engineer covers the period 1976 - 1980 and can be read for free at the link below, purchased for Kobo or Kindle for £3.21 or as a paperback on Amazon - read it for free here https://www.onlinesecurityproducts.co.uk/alarming-stories.html

The second volume Alarming Stories II tales of a security engineer covers the period 1980 - 1986 and includes many photographs taken whilst I was commissioning the largest CCTV installation in Europe, the Network Southeast driver only operation CCTV system, cameras and monitors on every platform on the network. Volume 2 can be ordered on Kobo or Kindle for £3.21 or as a paperback. from Amazon.

Did they do a film starring Robin Askwith ?

• Like 1

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God