Security Installer Community

Oldest Panel

Guest chappo

hi guys,

my first panel was made an 'in house' breed by Gaurdal for Burgot Alarms, 2 zones 'feed & return' in metal case, and the lid door secured by a wardrobe lock and key.

it had a large rotary switch for 'Off - Test - On' and 2 toggle switches to isolate the zones for 'part set'. an upgrade was zone lights (now ain't that cutting edge stuff or what?)

best bit was they fitted a switch on the control lid door, no not as a tamper but for if the door was open it isolated the 999 trigger. the thinking was that if a fault existed and the client did not test before moving the rotary switch to 'ON' it prevented a false alarm - problem was if they left the lid door open by mistake the police never got called anyway :cry:

happy days

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

my first panel was made an 'in house' breed by Gaurdal for Burgot Alarms,

well, well you not as old as we was reckoning, I was betting, your first 'un was made from War dept surplus relay's in a metal box :P

my first panel was made an 'in house' breed by Gaurdal for Burgot Alarms,

well, well you not as old as we was reckoning, I was betting, your first 'un was made from War dept surplus relay's in a metal box :P

:P

the relays were the old post office tye, brown waxed paper and all :)

the panels i admire most were made from box wood and brass shim, actually on site by rely-a-bell installation engineers. an absolute work of art and an example of workmanship and precission not seen today even on the best panels. some of the early stuff i serviced had been in place faultlesly for 40 years.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest Cerberus NI

First conventional panel I commissioned was a Kidde Firecheeta 6 zone,first gas was a Firecheeta 6+3 and first addressable was an android (AN1000??). Started off servicing loadsa Kidde Minitectors as well (LCP7 batteries!!)

can anybody remember the franklin panel green one with a bakerlite opaque display with 2 bulbs beneath it? it used to buzz if a cct was open or if the ccts were clear set by shunt switch.

remember pulling one out following break in,smashed up like hell, choppped all wires, as i had sold a brand new scantronic 9100. only unfortunate thing the installer had run the 240 supply in 4 core alarm cable needless to say my cutters ended up the other side of the room. they had used red as live, black as neutral and twisted blue and yellow as earth my 1st bite from mains AFTER THAT EXPERIENCE I never touched a franklin or anything that company installed without a mains tester close to hand

cheers Martin

oops does that go there

Excluding ones I made, the first commercial one was mail order from Bon Automation in Bognor Regis, a single position key switch with indicator lamp, 12v battery operated (brick type with polorised plug), in a gun metal finished cabinet, cica 1974

Happy days

Oh memories.

Do any of you remember the Mumferd and White 5152 big white box keyswitch jobby and if you wanted to expand the system the boxes where the same size as the panel huge white boxes running up the wall.

The best thing was a lot of the jobs that had them use to keep the key on a chain at the side of the panel :hmm:

There was also the Cpb2s and 4s all great fun them was the days.

I was at a job the other day and found this little beuty in a cupboard all powerd down sorry about the poor quality pic.

Regards

Garry.

post-2800-1155674516_thumb.jpg

You can lead a horse to water but you carnt climb a ladder with a bell in both hands.

Oh memories.

Do any of you remember the Mumferd and White 5152 big white box keyswitch jobby and if you wanted to expand the system the boxes where the same size as the panel huge white boxes running up the wall.

The best thing was a lot of the jobs that had them use to keep the key on a chain at the side of the panel :hmm:

There was also the Cpb2s and 4s all great fun them was the days.

I was at a job the other day and found this little beuty in a cupboard all powerd down sorry about the poor quality pic.

Regards

Garry.

Yep i did a take over on one of these, its amazing how much space there was, put the new panel in there!

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.