Security Installer Community

Which Alarm?

Guest xt600

Guest xt600

Hi all....i'm after some advice please. I need an alarm which is NOT wireless. It must have autodialer facility. It is to protect a small house in Bulgaria so upto 4 zones would be ample. Remote operation is also important. Having spent hours searching it seems that all autodial alarms these days are wireless. Can anyone suggest one which isn't?

Thanks...

Wireless or Wired.

RS 485 bus allowing 8 wireless transmitter zonesand 8 wireless keyfobs

9 e.o.l zones or zone doubling feature providing

16 zones on board

All zones fully programmable

300 event log

32 character LCD Remote Keypad

15 user codes

Up to 4 remote keypads

Alert Keys for PA/Fire on Keypad

Programmable chime function

2 programmable outputs

Strobe confirmation

Service Timer option

1 Amp Power Supply

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Looks to me like it is wireless anyway so no good to me....

no, its a wired panel with an option to fit a wireless receiver module, that expands it by 8 zones zones and 8 radio 4 button transmitters.

if you want remote control you will need a registered copy of Gartecs UDL (Upload/Download) available only to installers as all other manufacturers, a computer and a pcmcia modem. if like other gardtec panels only one model will work with it - a multitech.

having obtained al that, i'm not totally sure on this panel if you can use the 'software' keypad in Gardtec Remote for true remote operation i.e. set/unset, but you can configure everything apart from the VoCom (voice dialler) remotely.

the 'VoCom' is effective, but very very basic and with little and very obscure instructions. i suggest you set it up on the workbench before going to the site with it, or buy a seperate unit especially if you have little alarm experience. better still get an engineer to pre program it for you.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest xt600

Thanks for the info....i am an electrician but have no experience of home alarms. i was hoping to be able to find a hardwire kit with autodial which is reletively easy to fit and not requiring special software to set up. Seems to be loads of wireless kits about but still cant find a wired kit which is simple to set up/.....

Thanks for the info....i am an electrician but have no experience of home alarms. i was hoping to be able to find a hardwire kit with autodial which is reletively easy to fit and not requiring special software to set up. Seems to be loads of wireless kits about but still cant find a wired kit which is simple to set up/.....

this panel is very simple to set up and could be used with the pre=set default program out of the box just as most other smaller panels, but they are not simple to control remotely unless you are an installer, that usually require's being recognised by the maker.

this is because seen as a security isue, if the software was available to all, then conceivably that could be used by scrots to disable unprotected systems such as you may unwittingly fit, not being rude here but you may not realise this had you not found this forum..

if i re-instal my compters operating system i have to get new codes from the tech help desk during oice hours, not much use when you do this at the weekend, and very frustrating so i have done battle on many occassions because of it .

my view is as the panels are password protectable, so its a very low risk factor, as for say you to overcome my systems even if equiped with all the kit, you would need the password, version number, phone number and also beable divert the 'call back' aimed at my ed number to your own, now thats so simple to do i'm sure you will agree :rolleyes: - but then you and i don't make alarm panels.

regs

alan

Edited by arfur mo

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!