Security Installer Community

2 X Nova 2 Pannels On A Texecom Excel

Guest FireFocks2k

Guest FireFocks2k

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone out there can help.

My father in law is putting in an alarm system after being broken in to while on holiday, Yeah - I know- same old, same old......

Anyway he went to the local boy who charged him

The tamper return from the first bell is the 0v feed on the second bell, make sure you make the 2nd Bell SCB, to prevent you from popping the fuse. If you want them on full SAB mode you will need a Larger PSU, and possibly a relay. For your situation 1 SAB and 1 SCB will be fine.

Watchdog Security (Manchester)

Do as Watchdog says, although I have always found with Novas that even doing this when there is an activation it sends the bells into tamper.

I would advise not connecting the strobe on the unit set to SCB then the only current drawn is from the 1st bell.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Do as Watchdog says, although I have always found with Novas that even doing this when there is an activation it sends the bells into tamper.

I would advise not connecting the strobe on the unit set to SCB then the only current drawn is from the 1st bell.

I think its something to do with bell tamper ring, if you look at the wiring diagram with the novas, they supply the hold off to the return and link to 0v or something like that, as the gartecs have this bell tamper ring facilty.

Watchdog Security (Manchester)

Archived