Security Installer Community

Public Liability Insurance

Here we go again

What happens when one of your systems fails in a break-in and 20k worth of kit gets robbed from a house, The insurance wont pay out so the customer Sue's you ... MMM Your move ??

I love that statement, I have never had a system failure and would be really interested to hear of anyone on here who has.

Everyone seems to talk about system failures, but nobody actually gives an example?? :hmm:

The older I get, the faster I was.

I love that statement, I have never had a system failure and would be really interested to hear of anyone on here who has.

Everyone seems to talk about system failures, but nobody actually gives an example?? :hmm:

It's a game of probabilities, insurance is against the possible and assurance is against the inevitable. If you are happy to take the risk go without, the more systems you fit the more likely it will be, and it does happen, I am speaking from experience.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Everyone seems to talk about system failures, but nobody actually gives an example??
Hows about the engineer (NO it wasn't me!) that after a routine service forgets to re-enable 63 zones..Site burgled and luckilly not much taken..Who's responsible.?

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

When i was a service engineer at HEX we got at least 2 or 3 a year.

can think of dozens, normally caused by the sub or the sub's agents.

blocking detection with stock, not paid out because of wording of spec & contract.

shop fitting, all the detection in the suspended ceiling, tried to say

pirs re-fiited upside down by decorators, not paid out (we had print of log)

expanders missing from system due to cables damaged in building works (sub had been messing)

if your trading as a sole trader and don't have the correct documents & systems in place to protect yourself or are using controls which don't have proper logs on your head be it.

Don't forget your insurer will deal with the all paper work for claims from all liars & deadbeats who are trying it on :whistle:

Archived