Security Installer Community

Domains Etc

Guest ALSEC

Guest ALSEC

Guys, can someone give me a run down on how you do email/web etc.

My wife is self-employed and needs email plus a small amount of webspace to host a small site (might want to be able to take credit card payments later on).

She needs to be able to use outlook for her email and be able to modify the content on the website herself.

Any ideas... who are you using..

Guys, can someone give me a run down on how you do email/web etc.

My wife is self-employed and needs email plus a small amount of webspace to host a small site (might want to be able to take credit card payments later on).

She needs to be able to use outlook for her email and be able to modify the content on the website herself.

Any ideas... who are you using..

You just need some webspace, get a domain name, and point the web address header to the ip address of the server hosting the webspace, most companies will do this for you. You will have a control panel which you can use to edit the website and content.

Watchdog Security (Manchester)

we are an ISP in CS aswell so if there is enough participants we might be able to host every trade members here for a silly money..

and we DO have internet capacity..

10Gbps at the moment..

(hellsih expensive to have it :roflmao:)

Personally i always get my domains through www.oneandone.co.uk. Their jelp is very good, control panel is easy to manage and I've never had a single problem with them (touch wood).

As for hosting, i have an account with RedFox. Service is great and Warren and the staff are top guys, very helpful even on things not to do with hosting.

Would recommend these anytime.

Trade Member

Archived