Security Installer Community

New Printer Old Computer

kka

why stick with '98?

imo get XP pronto (recomend full versions), runs like a dream these days and will sort most problems in the background too.

you rely on your computer for you life to be easy, so treat the old girl to a new 'perm', ypu've had your money's worth out of '98 so let it RIP.

Something else you witter on about without having a clue.

XP would probably run like a sack of treacle on a machine that is specced for W98SE. If possible, W2K is often a better upgrade path from 98. It also does as it's told, unlike XP.

XP doesn't run like a dream, it runs like a nightmare, but appears t run like a dream due to its bright colours and rounded edges.

Where would you find half a version of XP as opposed to the full one?

I rely on my computer, which is why it doesn't run XP. :)

Guest Cerberus NI
Something else you witter on about without having a clue.

XP would probably run like a sack of treacle on a machine that is specced for W98SE. If possible, W2K is often a better upgrade path from 98. It also does as it's told, unlike XP.

XP doesn't run like a dream, it runs like a nightmare, but appears t run like a dream due to its bright colours and rounded edges.

Where would you find half a version of XP as opposed to the full one?

I rely on my computer, which is why it doesn't run XP. :)

Yup - 2000 is definately more stable and surer than XP.Maybe you don't use (and no insult intended) higher level programming for fire alarm systems,as the older panels (Morley,Minerva and Kidde use DOS operating systems).

My 2 cents worth here...

I've got a C40 works fine with 98, the C46/66's are a bit of a bind thought what I always do is the following:

1) Stick in the CD that came with printer, install the driver / utility First..

2) When it asks me plug in and power up the printer and let it detect

3) Test print

Job Done..

IF you've already got the thing installed and it's not working right:

1) Remove the drivers -> control panel -> device manager -> find the Epson .... and tell it to remove it...

2) Unplug the printer from PC

3) Uninstall any Utility program that's been installed if not done already

4) Reboot PC

5) Follow the 3 steps laid out above..

IF it don't work let me know and I'll try and help ya, I'm still running 98se on a machine or 3 (can't afford to XP 'em :( )

I agree though XP looks like a dream runs like a nightmare (there are some many things lurking that I'm like what the heck does that do!) and I don't like the whole look, 98se has the best look don't need nice rounded buttons, I ain't 5 or 6 ya know :P

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

Archived