Security Installer Community

Preventing Accidental Chime Turn Off

Don't think so - I've been looking for the same feature...

I'm currently considering opening the control pad and putting a bit of tape over the 'Chime' key contact :-) (I don't think it's used for anything else, is it?)

Alternatively, on the 48, can't you use a timer to enable chime at certain times? Maybe that could be coerced into keeping it on a lot?

you can set an area up to auto chime when custom output a is on(see area options)

but its probably less hassle just rig a buzzer up as zone follow??

At present I'm with Andrew, disabling the button on the keypads if all else fails.

The chime button isn't just for chime, dependent on which area of programming you are in.

Leave the keypad alone and do as Mr H said, output set to follow a zone.

Have tried programming users, that stops them turning chime off in programming menus but anyone can press the hime button without needing a user code. As for programming needing the chime key, all my programming is via Wintex software so not an issue for me. Am going to try texecom cust support for the answer too. Will let you know what they say.

Most panels have the abilty to set up a button (usually the set button obviously) that you can just press on its own to set the system without the need to enter your pin code.

On some panels you can set up if you only want part set to be single button setting ext.

Regards,

Ranger

The above is my personal opinion and not that of my employer or anyone else.

Ah right, in that case it's not set for single button set. It needs a code to arm the system. The chime still turns off.

Had a reply from Texecom saying that unfortunately you cannot disable the button or prevent chime being turned off.

Ah. Well there still could be a way but i think your best bet here mate is to do as advised and set up an output to follow the zone and place a small buzzer on it, can provide a simple but effective indication.

Regards,

Ranger

Ah. Well there still could be a way but i think your best bet here mate is to do as advised and set up an output to follow the zone and place a small buzzer on it, can provide a simple but effective indication.

Regards,

Ranger

The only problem with that is at present we get indication from 2 keypads on 2 floors and an expander on 3rd floor if someone opens an external door. I don't want to lose that functionality.

Well if you have the output space and assuming there are outputs on expanders in the texecom range then why not place a buzzer or small sounder of some sort on each floor. Obviously it might not be practicle depending on cable runs.

Regards,

Ranger

Already have a sounder on the expander speaker output to mimic the keypad outputs. Just seems so daft having to buy sounders to connect to keypads that already have sounders on them. Guess it's that or a little modding of the keypad. Don't need the chime button anyway as all programming is done via laptop.

Just seems so daft having to buy sounders to connect to keypads that already have sounders on them.

No it isn't daft. The keypads have sounders on them that sound when a zone set to chime activates. This obviously doesn't work for you.

What cables did you install when you fitted the system? If you did it like the pro's you'd have spare pairs that you could use to connect a buzzer to that ran from the keypad to the panel. ;)

No it isn't daft. The keypads have sounders on them that sound when a zone set to chime activates. This obviously doesn't work for you.

What cables did you install when you fitted the system? If you did it like the pro's you'd have spare pairs that you could use to connect a buzzer to that ran from the keypad to the panel. ;)

All he cables are 6 core as I had miles of the stuff from a previous job. My panel is wired using eol resistors so nearly all the cables have 2 spare pairs in them.

The sounders in the keypads are spot on for what I want, what I was saying is daft is the idea that you can't lock the chimes on this panel. It's really easy to turn them off, i just thought the provision would have been there to set them on all the time.

what I was saying is daft is the idea that you can't lock the chimes on this panel. It's really easy to turn them off, i just thought the provision would have been there to set them on all the time.

There is the provision there to leave them on, in the same way there is provision there to leave your TV turned on.

Manufacturers can't help with user error.

There is the provision there to leave them on, in the same way there is provision there to leave your TV turned on.

Manufacturers can't help with user error.

Yeah tell me about it, the words User and Error always seem to go hand in hand lol.

Not blaming the manufacturer just saying it would be usefull if it was possible to do.

Are you sure you aren't worrying about a problemn that doesn't really exist?

I was beinging to wonder this :hmm:

Most users of the keypad will most likely only push the buttons needed to do the task they are intending. Can you not just inform everyone that the button is not to be pushed, although i think that is a bit drastic, i would just leave it as it is.

Ranger

program custom output 1a to

1. AREA: Armed: Inverted

2. Never Active

3. Never Active: Inverted

4. Never Active: Inverted

Assign the area the autochime option

then chime should work all the time the Area is NOT Armed

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Sort of resolved this one now. As Texecom said there is no way to program chime to be on all the time for some strange reason, yet you can program it to turn chime on every time an area is unarmed??? No idea why that way round but it's better than nothing.

Here goes for anyone else with the same issue...

Areas->Options->Auto Chime(custom output 2A) select the areas you want to chime all the time.

Outputs->Custom Output 2-> 1 = select areas required, inverted, 21armed. 2 = not used. 3 = not used, inverted. 4 = not used, inverted.

Now every time you disarm an area selected in output2 option 1, the panel will auto enable chime for all areas set in Auto Chime(custom output 2A).

At least if a user turns chime off then it will be turned back on the next time the system is unarmed!

PM me if it doesn't make sense and I can explain.

Archived