Security Installer Community

Dome Cameras

Do most dome cameras have the ability to adjust the camera position within the dome?

I am particular interested in this one

Would a 3.6mm lense be ok for covering an aisle in a corner shop? (internal ceiling mounted about 12ft from the floor)

Also can anyone recommended a another dome for around the same price as the one listed above?

Yeah you should be able to have adjustment of view with that dome. I would advise you to check with the supplier that the dome can be wall mountable aswell as ceiling mountable, some are ceiling mount only and dont have a 3 way type gimball effort. Unless of course your not bothered.

I couldnt suggest a suitable alternative as the domes i use are supplied to trade only, try System Q though.

The focal length of the lens needs to be cosen to give the angle of view required. Generally, a shop isle will require a narrower lens than the 3.6mm one mentioned which will generally give a widish angle view. Most dome suppliers offer a range of lens focal lengths - or for a bit of extra cash -vari-focal lenses which can be set on site.

Paul Main

ClearView Communications Ltd

Robjohns Road Chelmsford

Essex CM1 3AG

Telephone: 01245 214104

Fax: 01245 214101

paul.main@clearview-communications.com

www.clearview-communications.com

Archived