Security Installer Community

Which Bellbox Xhould I Buy For A Premier 48 Panel Please?

I've still to decide which bellbox to put on my Prem48 panel. I'll be getting it from https://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/ anless there are cheaper suppliers available? What should I be looking for and can anyone recommend any?

Also can anyone recommend anywhere in Sheffield, South Yorkshire where I can pickup a prem48 panel rather than ordering it?

Thanks.

I've still to decide which bellbox to put on my Prem48 panel. I'll be getting it from www.alertelectrical.com anless there are cheaper suppliers available? What should I be looking for and can anyone recommend any?

Also can anyone recommend anywhere in Sheffield, South Yorkshire where I can pickup a prem48 panel rather than ordering it?

Thanks.

Look at the oddesy 3 from texecom, most electrical wholesalers sell them.

What part of sheffield are you in?

Try sharrow electrical on sharrowvale road.

Regards

Bellman (also in sheffield)

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

I'm in Gleadless but the new house is in Chesterfield.

Is this likely to be thesort of panel I would get from stock at Sharrow or am I still likely to have to order?

They tend to have DIY panels like the veritas and the premier in stock as well as a large range of other equipment. give them a ring 0114 258 0238 and check.

Regards

Bellman

They tend to have DIY panels like the veritas and the premier in stock as well as a large range of other equipment. give them a ring 0114 258 0238 and check.

Regards

Bellman

Brilliant, cheers for that. I'll ring tomorrow, guessing they close on bank holidays.

Brilliant, cheers for that. I'll ring tomorrow, guessing they close on bank holidays.

They are usually open but I do believe they close at 1 on bank hols.

Regards

Bellman

Guest ALSEC

Regards

Bellman

Now I wouldn't personally call the premier a DIY panel.. it's full of functionality and looks good in a domestic environment. I put one in my parents house (although I don't use them at work) and I thought it was spot on for the job!

Veritas is DIY. Premier is profesional. :yes:

Rubbish, both are availible to DIY and virtually ALL DIY alarm sites I see sell them.

I know several pro companies that won't touch them because of this. I'm not saying they are a bad panel (thats reserved for the veritas) but DIY definately. You only have to look in the engineering manual to work this out, Peter and Jane diagrams for everything :no:

Regards

Bellman

Rubbish, both are availible to DIY and virtually ALL DIY alarm sites I see sell them.

I know several pro companies that won't touch them because of this. I'm not saying they are a bad panel (thats reserved for the veritas) but DIY definately

as good as any c&k, scanny, ade menvier of the same money and much better than a pyronix or gardtec 350 / eurosec

You only have to look in the engineering manual to work this out, Peter and Jane diagrams for everything :no:

guess a ts2500 diy then???????

Edited by Mr Happy

as good as any c&k, scanny, ade menvier of the same money and much better than a pyronix or gardtec 350 / eurosec

I didn't say it wasn't, I said it's Distribution made it DIY, not it's construction.

guess a ts2500 diy then???????

Same person wrote both manuals..... :P

Regards

Bellman

I'm not saying they are a bad panel (thats reserved for the veritas)

??

I didn't say it wasn't, I said it's Distribution made it DIY, not it's construction.

okay?

Same person wrote both manuals..... :P

i know

Guest italiastar
I'm not saying they are a bad panel (thats reserved for the veritas) but DIY definately

Regards

Bellman

Dare I ask what's wrong with the Veritas? All the "professionals" where I bought my kit recommended the Scantronics - according to some posts on this site that is unreliable, noisy (mains hum) and in my opionion has an eyesore of a keypad - so why is the Veritas bad and what would you recommend?

Dare I ask what's wrong with the Veritas? All the "professionals" where I bought my kit recommended the Scantronics - according to some posts on this site that is unreliable, noisy (mains hum) and in my opionion has an eyesore of a keypad - so why is the Veritas bad and what would you recommend?

I'm not going to go over old ground again, but as you say, it's unreliable, noisy (mains hum like an electric motorized wasp on speed) and in my opinion has an eyesore of a keypad. I had a hell of a time with them many many years ago and as with all "fingers burned" episodes that was me and the veritas finished. :fear:

Try making extensive use of the search facility so kindly provided by Dave and all will become clear as to why i'm set in my opinion. :yes: Scantronic kit is good, the reason I recomended the premier was the easy to follow instructions. A Proper engineer would know how to wire a tamper loop or a powered detector to a panel so wouldn't need the same type of instructions as provided with the texecom stuff.

I've already made my recomondation BTW, for DIY fit a premier. any electrical wholesaler or market stall (I kid you not, the local market has them for sale) will supply you one and most of the accessories are also available and the price is cheap, you can buy a complete premier system with all the accessories FITTED for less money than you could buy a galaxy panel on it's own for.

Most people will have absolutely no use for most of the advanced functions the galaxy provides though so from a functionality point of view there is no difference in them buying a premier or a galaxy,

Myself, I have an all singing and dancing galaxy 504 installed. but there again, I'm a professional alarm engineer so know how to both wire and program it to make best use of it's facilities and functions.

Regards

Bellman

I'm not going to go over old ground again, but as you say, it's unreliable, noisy (mains hum like an electric motorized wasp on speed) and in my opinion has an eyesore of a keypad. I had a hell of a time with them many many years ago and as with all "fingers burned" episodes that was me and the veritas finished. :fear:

:hmm: Transformers would seem to come from the same source as the other usual cheap panels, either you had the very early stuff where the tranny dropped into a plastic ade style

Transformers would seem to come from the same source as the other usual cheap panels, either you had the very early stuff where the tranny dropped into a plastic ade style

Most other panels give block or functional diagrams and these use electrical symbols, not little pics of door contacts and passives like the texecom ones do. I'm supprised they don't come with a free pack of crayons as well.

most low end stuff does see 9448+ style, the crayons are by voucher redemption

Yup, proffesional equipment costs a lot of money, Am I to take it from that you got yours from ebay for a fiver :whistle:

pay for software when gardtec scantronic, menvier ds give it free, unless these are not proffesional equipment now,

ask yourself one question if the ash group had not been spilt up where would have the galaxy gone?

most low end stuff does.

Ah, so you agree with me the texecoms are low end. ;)

pay for software when gardtec scantronic, menvier ds give it free, unless these are not proffesional equipment now.

They are but there is better availible. The local ford dealer throws in free floor mats, you have to pay for them at the local BMW Garage :yes:

As with most things in life, you get what you pay for...

ask yourself one question if the ash group had not been spilt up where would have the galaxy gone?

Well, considering Ash group bought Lander, who had the predicessor to the Big G (The Executive) made for them by a small new co called microtech well before ash group got involved then probably it'd still be in private hands and would have hopefully flourished.

Regards

Bellman

Well, considering Ash group bought Lander, who had the predicessor to the Big G (The Executive) made for them by a small new co called microtech well before ash group got involved then probably it'd still be in private hands and would have hopefully flourished.

Never worked for lander

But have installed Executive 250's not the most stable product, I do foundly remember the pile on stock room floor which we removed because they where useless........

But have installed Executive 250's not the most stable product, I do foundly remember the pile on stock room floor which we removed because they where useless........

I ripped a few out myself,

I do agree, not one of the best panels out there I hoped you remembered to douse them in flamable substances (as well as all the **** 6's )and dance a mery jig around them singing Halleluiah. ;)

Regards

Bellman

• 8 years later...

The Premier is not, not, NOT a DIY panel!!! It is BETTER than honeywell galaxy for ALL installations! The Veritas, I agree, is DIY and I do hate the transformer, but the Premier is the best panel on the market today. 

NEVER JUDGE A PANEL JUST BY ITS INSTALLATION MANUAL!

The way the manual is written does not "automatically" influence the quality/excellency/"professionality" of a panel. It is simply telling you how THAT panel works and how you connect the zone wiring to THAT panel!!!