Security Installer Community

Premier 24-> Texecom Dialler..

Argh... Thought it'd be sensible to connect the dialler to the control panel, to notice, record and deal with line faults. Two problems:

1) Dialler outputs are 'switched negative'. Control panel line fault input is '0v removed to indicate fault'. Hence they're not compatible? Really? Can't I connect my Texecom dialler to my Texecom control panel to sense line faults? Or should I do it a different way? (Yes, I could connect it to a zone input, but that'd require a relay and a spare zone!)

2) If there's a solution to (1), then I can't see a way to get the panel to alarm if there's a line fault... (Which I thought might be sensible..) Again, I could do so if I connected the line fault to a zone, but is there an alternative way?

2) If there's a solution to (1), then I can't see a way to get the panel to alarm if there's a line fault... (Which I thought might be sensible..) Again, I could do so if I connected the line fault to a zone, but is there an alternative way?

Thats the only way to do as above, But what a dumb idea, why would you want the alarm to go off if there is a line fault, if you want to know when there is a line fault you would have to go on the lines of Redcare or something with dual path signalling.

As above i think you need to study the book on you dialler and control panel you can inverted either in the programming.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Needs a relay to supply 12v+, or invert the output and fit a 1k resistor between it and 12v+ to pull it up to 12v when not active

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Could you possibly point me at the option name or page number, 'cos I can't see where the outputs can be inverted...

(The inputs can, but not the outputs)

I suggest you read the speech dialer manual more carefully as you will find the output is invertable

The dumb idea was that, on the tiny chance of someone deciding to cut the phone cable, then setting off the internal and external sirens might be a good idea.

And, ditto to the above... I can't see where the line fault input or the dialler output states can be inverted. Are you sure it's possible?

Thats the only way to do as above, But what a dumb idea, why would you want the alarm to go off if there is a line fault, if you want to know when there is a line fault you would have to go on the lines of Redcare or something with dual path signalling.

As above i think you need to study the book on you dialler and control panel you can inverted either in the programming.

True, outputs cant be inverted, use the - applied to switch 12v+ through a relay, looks like the only way to me.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

True, outputs cant be inverted, use the - applied to switch 12v+ through a relay, looks like the only way to me.

Or wire the relay up to fire a zone set as 24H, although if you were doing that then you may as well just set the output of the dialler to trigger a 24H zone and avoid using an input and output for no real reason.

I had a customer who wanted this not so long ago .... same equipment used.

Got the dialler output to trigger a relay connected it up to a zone programmed as guard. Only problem is the job is very remote and it kept going into line fault trigering a full alarm. Theres no way to put a delay on it other than programming the double knock timer to the maximum of 255 secs and putting that zone on double knock. If the line fault is then longer than 255 seconds (which it would be if the line was cut) then you get a full alarm and hopefully nothing when BT test the line or whatever they do!

Trade Member

Theres no way to put a delay on it other than programming the double knock timer to the maximum of 255 secs and putting that zone on double knock.

Or using a relay with a delay timer of some sort.

For completeness, in case someone googles this question, I'd better correct myself..

Monteeeey was right - you _can_ set the dialler output to be +ve on line fault - there's an additional output type specifically for this one. (You can't, say, invert the 'call busy' output).

I didn't notice because it's not available using the WinTex software - only by programming using the dialler keypad itself :-(

Incidentally, I don't believe either that:

a) The output is open collector - it's got a pull-up(/down) resistor.. I think the dialler spec. is wrong in the installer's manual

B) The Premier 24 line fault input isn't 'remove -ve for fault' it's 'apply +ve for fault' which is subtly different...

Yours, Pedantically,

A.

!

Archived