Security Installer Community

Pa 400 Making The External Sounder Secure

Guest mikeyv1

Guest mikeyv1

Ive got a Response electronics PA4(00), its worked fine so far and recently i realised there was a major security flaw in the fact that if the cable to the external siren is cut the external siren wont sound, but the control panel will recognise the tamper attempt and go into full alarm.Seing as the intenal sounder is only 60db it wouldnt wake anyone up.Could you tell me if there is anyway to make the ouitside siren have an indepenant siren activation with a battery just in case the cable is cut from the control panel. It is frightening how easily the external siren could be silenced so any help would be greatly appreciated. :whistle:

Ive got a Response electronics PA4(00), its worked fine so far and recently i realised there was a major security flaw in the fact that if the cable to the external siren is cut the external siren wont sound, but the control panel will recognise the tamper attempt and go into full alarm.Seing as the intenal sounder is only 60db it wouldnt wake anyone up.Could you tell me if there is anyway to make the ouitside siren have an indepenant siren activation with a battery just in case the cable is cut from the control panel. It is frightening how easily the external siren could be silenced so any help would be greatly appreciated. :whistle:

Are you sure?

The "normal" design of external sounder has its own internal battery and if the wire is cut will detect the tamper and sound at full volume for as long as it's programmed to - usually 20 minutes max.

Guest mikeyv1
Are you sure?

The "normal" design of external sounder has its own internal battery and if the wire is cut will detect the tamper and sound at full volume for as long as it's programmed to - usually 20 minutes max.

This alarm is quite old and doesnt have a battery in the external box , it does have a tamper circuit (white and green) to the control panel which initiated a full alarm however the output for the siren is just + and - and so only the tiny internal buzzer would sound.Is there any circuits that can be bought or made that would allow for an external siren to sound under its own pwer if it lost contact with the control panel(ie if it was cut)

This alarm is quite old and doesnt have a battery in the external box , it does have a tamper circuit (white and green) to the control panel which initiated a full alarm however the output for the siren is just + and - and so only the tiny internal buzzer would sound.Is there any circuits that can be bought or made that would allow for an external siren to sound under its own pwer if it lost contact with the control panel(ie if it was cut)

I think you'll have to wait until the Cup Final is over and one of the pro's who knows this panel comes online. :ninja:

Sounds like you'll need a new external sounder anyway. It can probably be wired up with a suitable selection of relays, but given the cost and complexity of that a new panel at the same time is the answer you're likely to get. :)

Sounds like you'll need a new external sounder anyway. It can probably be wired up with a suitable selection of relays, but given the cost and complexity of that a new panel at the same time is the answer you're likely to get. :)

That is what I would suggest, given that the Response stuff is pretty poor quality even for a DIY alarm and with respect to your other question on adding a PA button to the system, an upgrade seems even more welcome. You could go to the trouble of fitting a Ventcroft SAB module inside the existing bellbox, but this is not particularly easy if you don't know alot about alarms and how they work.

A replacement 8 zone panel and bellbox of a decent quality would cost around

Trade Member

Guest mikeyv1

Could anyone recommend a system that as mentioned above is good quality , has full battery backup, panic alarm outputs and the abilty for a remot keypad any links or pics would be great.Currently ive got 3 PIR'S 2 Mag Sensors and would alos like the option to add a really loud internal siren, thanks for any assistance.

Texecom Veritas. Google will find you loads no doubt, and there's a fair bit of info on this site re: users replacing **** alarms with a Veritas.

Guest mikeyv1

Are there any real differences in security between a wireless and wired system, do wireless alarm systems still allow me to add different sounders or strobes and relays. Are there any high security DIY alarms that would give me the security I want for a budget of around

Guest rjbsec
Are there any real differences in security between a wireless and wired system, do wireless alarm systems still allow me to add different sounders or strobes and relays.

Different installers will give different answers - good Class 6 wireless offers good security and most "hybrid" systems (wired & wireless) will allow you to add different sounders, strobes and relays.

Are there any high security DIY alarms that would give me the security I want.Plus could you tell me the real reason why SAB's are so good,surely they are still quite easy to defeat.

DIY and High Security are really contradictory terms, if you want high security call in a professional installer.

SAB's just give an audible warning, alarm monitoring offers a response - we don't discuss ways of defeating systems here.

The PA4 is a specced down AJ600 !! (if such a thing is possible) , and if its the one I'm thinking of , it has PP3 batteries as back-up ,so I wouldnt recommend connecting a battery backed siren to it.The rest of the kit is poor also (A1 pirs) , shop around for a Texecom kit Veritas R8 , Odessey bellbox, couple of Prestige pirs etc.

Regards.

:)

Guest mikeyv1
The PA4 is a specced down AJ600 !! (if such a thing is possible) , and if its the one I'm thinking of , it has PP3 batteries as back-up ,so I wouldnt recommend connecting a battery backed siren to it.The rest of the kit is poor also (A1 pirs) , shop around for a Texecom kit Veritas R8 , Odessey bellbox, couple of Prestige pirs etc.

Regards.

:)

Thanks for the response, i had a look on there site but there are no mention of prices can you tell roughly how much an R8 control panel , 3E External Siren and 3 Prestige IR Pir's, plus could you give me the contact details because i couldnt seem to find them :hmm:

Hello,

Texecom Veritas R8 +

Texecom Veritas Remote Keypad 4

Backup battery for Panel They range from one of the Installers will tell you the right amp hour rating to get.

Prestige PIR They range from one of the Installers will tell you the best one to get.

Texecom Odyssey 3E 109db External Sounder

The prices above are from [urlhttp://ringtones.mobilefun.co.uk/[/url]. Also have a look at [urlhttp://ringtones.mobilefun.co.uk/[/url].

You might want to consider the Odyssey 3 since its a bit louder than the 3E. 109db vs 115db.

djrock

No Trade prices in the PUBLIC forum please, if you are unsure of the rules of this forum then please read them

There are plenty online shops , remember to add postage and wait around for it to arrive :( it can be problematic returning goods if faults arise.

Local electrical wholesalers usually stock alarm kits , and you can deal face to face.

Or why not consider having a local company give you a quote , it may not be that expensive.

Regards.

Guest mikeyv1

Thanks for your help so far , i was wondering if anyone could tell me if the following kit I found was any good and whether it would give me good (high) secuirty.

The kit refers to Texacom products

1 Texecom Veritas R8 8 zone control panel with remote keypad

1 2.1ah back-up battery

3 Texecom Reflex passive infra-reds backed up with a 5 year product guarantee

2 Surface contacts door contacts for exit doors etc.

100m 6 core burglar alarm cable

1 Texecom 1E 109db bellbox complete with strobe light and twin flashing LED

Thanks for your help so far , i was wondering if anyone could tell me if the following kit I found was any good and whether it would give me good (high) secuirty.

The kit refers to Texacom products

1 Texecom Veritas R8 8 zone control panel with remote keypad

1 2.1ah back-up battery

3 Texecom Reflex passive infra-reds backed up with a 5 year product guarantee

2 Surface contacts door contacts for exit doors etc.

100m 6 core burglar alarm cable

1 Texecom 1E 109db bellbox complete with strobe light and twin flashing LED

Guest mikeyv1

As suggested above, by the way thankyou the site was very good but the systems seemed a little big.

The house concerned is a corner house with two bedrooms (upstairs) with a tiolet and landin also upstairs.Downstairs the living room is crossed in order to get to the hall (quite small) or the kitchen and back door. Any suggestions on requirements or suggestions on which kit is most secure for this type of configuration would be great. P.s could anyone tell me if the kit i saw above is any good and whther it woulf furfill my requirements.

Thankyou in advance for any suggestions :hmm:

Archived