Security Installer Community

20 Mins Cut Off

when my alarm goes off and the external siren and strobe set off it cuts off after 20 mins and the strobe light flashes could i link a sound bomb to the strobe connections so when the external siren stops the internal sounder will still sound till system is reset

Its also very good for annoying any close neighbours with joining walls. Sound bombs carry through walls and are pretty annoying after a few hours.

Internal sounder to follow external sounder, whats the point of annoying the cat for the rest of the day?

Its probably going to posisioned on the main landing as down stairs will be covered by the extension speaker so it will mean it has to travel through two walls to get to next door. Is this against any standards as afew alarms in my area have the internal sounder still sounding after activation?

Guest Peter James
Its probably going to posisioned on the main landing as down stairs will be covered by the extension speaker so it will mean it has to travel through two walls to get to next door. Is this against any standards as afew alarms in my area have the internal sounder still sounding after activation?

When you return home from your two weeks holiday and find your locks changed and the alarm system dissed, and a big bill from the enviromental agency on the door, you will regret it.

We regularly get called out to diss alarm systems that are driving nieghboors mad, most of these are DIY jobs that dont have a timer on the internal sounder.

Think about it if the intruder is going to hang around whilst the sounder is going, then he will be long gone with all your worldly goods before the twenty minutes has expired anyway.

If you really dont want someone in your house get a smoke cloak.

Pete

Would it be ok if my alarm system got a response if we go on holiday we can request G4S patrol and response to attend a alarm activation so this means the alarm will be reset

Would it be ok if my alarm system got a response if we go on holiday we can request G4S patrol and response to attend a alarm activation so this means the alarm will be reset

The alarm still won't be fitted correctly whether anyone turns up or not.

If you wanted someone to respond and the best security and peace of mind for your home then a bit more research before having a cheap alarm fitted that clearly doesn't do what you want as you're wanting to add\change bits already.

I did a take over this week and they had a activation while on holiday. The problem was that some tool had put a sound bomb II in the entrance hall connected to the strobe output.

After 6 hours in the middle of the night the next door nieghboors where going mad.

So there dad had to come to the house and break in to turn off the system as no-one had any keys.

The sound bomb is now on the bell output and the old Ctype bell boxes have been replaced with ours and a maintenance contact has been taken out with us.

Archived