Security Installer Community

Alarm Engineer Job Advice

Thank you people Now I dont feel so lost it least now I have so idea what to do

hopefully i will get somewhere now thanks to all :)

Hi m8 I am 27 year old and also trying to be an alarm engieer. well sito will not help you because you are to old like me you have to be 16 - 23 for sito to help you. I have payed to go to college me self doing the city & guilds intruder alarms it cost me

Hi m8 I am 27 year old and also trying to be an alarm engieer. well sito will not help you because you are to old like me you have to be 16 - 23 for sito to help you. I have payed to go to college me self doing the city & guilds intruder alarms it cost me

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

i have to agree A.D.T or chubb or even inital as engineers are leaving quicker than they can reapoint...i do know inital used to take on trainees of any age just as long as you were keen,but one thing to bear in mind trainees money isnt great also try bell as i see an advert not that long ago asking for trainees...(dont think there was an age on that advert)...also another to try is //.National Installer.// log onto there web site vacacies are posted on there

anyway good luck and it does help if you are a little mad :fear:

i have to agree A.D.T or chubb or even inital as engineers are leaving quicker than they can reapoint...i do know inital used to take on trainees of any age just as long as you were keen,but one thing to bear in mind trainees money isnt great also try bell as i see an advert not that long ago asking for trainees...(dont think there was an age on that advert)...also another to try is //.National Installer.// log onto there web site vacacies are posted on there

anyway good luck and it does help if you are a little mad :fear:

thanks m8 I have rung //.National Installer.// up 2day they are not tacking on at the moment but thanks anyway for the help. If u have any more ideas please will you let me know.

thanks

steve

• 8 months later...

Hi guys thank you for advice been a while since i looked at this forum I did go to visit a jobs adviser and they said i would be great for the roll but nothing on the job front i guess i sort of give up but maybe one day i will get my dream job I think I will contact these company's like you said see what i can do. I am really interested in locksmithing as well maybe I could combine both of them together.I am working in a callcentre now but its really eating at me not been able to fit security systems and doing a job that I would love

maybe one day The dream will come true

thanks again for advice guys

Hi guys thank you for advice been a while since i looked at this forum I did go to visit a jobs adviser and they said i would be great for the roll but nothing on the job front i guess i sort of give up but maybe one day i will get my dream job I think I will contact these company's like you said see what i can do. I am really interested in locksmithing as well maybe I could combine both of them together.I am working in a callcentre now but its really eating at me not been able to fit security systems and doing a job that I would love

My only advice is to stick at it mate. I did and it was well worth the effort. Try anything and everything, even if it looks like nothing will come of it.

Scott

Trade Member

Write to all your local locksmiths as well, they generally like a new face willing to learn, its how I started in this trade over 20 yrs ago.

cheers

Thank you Yeah at the moment I am realy in to picking locks and special keys I think its quite hard to get in to but Think it may be easyer to do as most locks these days are very easy to open just may need to get the woodwork up to scratch lol thank you for the advice maybe i will try this option instead only thing is not sure what people would be looking for many thanks for your help

Archived