Security Installer Community

Aritech Alarm

Guest swiffer

Guest swiffer

I just bought a house that has an Aritech alarm, The alarm is about 8 yrs old! I would like to change the pin code and find out more about the alarm features. But the previous owner didn't have any manuals.

To make things even worse I don't know the model number. On the box it states HORIZON ARITECH. I tried to open the control box so i could find some more information, but this just sets off the alarm.

First i need to find the model number then i need the manual. (easier said then done) In the meantime i'll keep looking?

Could any one give advice about my situation?

:hmm:

I hope this helps!

I dont think the master code can be changed by the user. You would be better getting an engineer in to service your alarm if it is 8 years old. Im sure if you ask there will be someone in your area on this forum.

Guest swiffer

Thanks a millon. just what i needed?

I will try and follow your advice? I know a couple of people in that trade but i don't really want to give them the satisfaction of fixing it. I will give it a go myself, I'm after getting all the installation manuals i need and i have a very good knowledge of electronics, hopefully i won't need it!

I could never follow the advice ( if it ain't broke don't fix it!!!!1).

if the S**t hits the fan i'll have to get help.

Thanks once again.

Swiffer

Guest swiffer
I think you will find the Aritech Horizon is more like 18 years old, rather than 8 years. But they were a good solid panel.

I agree under further examinations of the box (i.e. circuitary) i tought it was older. The house is only 8 yrs old so I just presumed the alarm was to.

They must have got it on the cheap. I think i'll have to upgrade it.

Any Adivce? (mid range)

Guest swiffer
The Horizon had onboard keypad, with the facility to have a remote keypad. Are you wanting to replace it with a panel with onboard keypad, or with remote?... or both?

To be honest i'm thinking of replacing the whole system with a new one. I would like to get one that sends a text message if the alarm sounds via the internet.

I would like to get one that sends a text message if the alarm sounds via the internet.

You've just read some bits of other threads and not really understood them haven't you?

Guest swiffer

No i haven't read any other forms, but i do know that it is possible to get an alarm with that function of similiar functions without paying a company to ring you when the alarm goes off.

I am no expert in alarms, let me me state that again i know pretty much nothing about alarms?

Everything is possible if you know how, or even better the right person???

Guest swiffer

Everytime i look at this form I laugh! :gimme:

How did i get from talking about a Horizon Aritech (pin change) to putting in a new system.

my mind is made up and i will be putting in a new system at the end of the summer, after i do some reseach and talk to a few people. :fyi:

Too all ye traders, don't work to hard????

I wholeheartedly disagree with people who freely admit to knowing absolutely nothing about alarms installing alarms but you'll do it anyway so......

You don't need the internet to send SMS messages from an alarm panel, you just need a standard phone line.

For ease of installation, and for the decent manuals they provide, look at a Texecom Veritas 8 and their Text and Speech Dialler.

Guest swiffer

A man that doesn't try can never fail or succeed?

What's the logic in that?

There once a time you didn't know much about alarms?

Yes i'm still young and clueless?

Archived