Security Installer Community

Premier 24 Outputs Not Working?

andrewjb

Are there known issues with Premier 24 panel outputs, or am I reading the manual incorrectly...?

I just used WinTex diagnostics to watch the Control Panel / Alarm/Armed settings, then set and triggered a part alarm.

The 'Internal Alarm' lit, then, after 30 seconds, 'Stobe' and 'Bell SAB' came on. (I've a 30 second part-alarm timer set..)

But 'Alarm', 'Guard Alarm' and 'Intruder Alarm' all stayed off, when I'd have expected them all to come on as soon as the alarm was triggered?

Where am I being dumb?

I just used WinTex diagnostics to watch the Control Panel / Alarm/Armed settings, then set and triggered a part alarm.

Part alarm, you mean part set ? if yes is the system programmed for full alarm in part set.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Yes - 30 seconds.

That works fine. Alarm goes off (internal sounders only) for 30 seconds, then the outside bell & stobe kick in.

But I need the dialler to dial out on alarm, so had connected it to an output set to output function 0 "Alarm". But that didn't trigger....

Basically, the question is when is the "Alarm" output supposed to go off?

Is there a time programmed in for Part Bell Delay ? under arming options

Just re-readd the original post........what are you trying to do ?

What type of dialler (make/model) is it ?

Texecom's.

The dialler's fine. The issue is that the control panel's output doesn't trigger on alarm. Shouldn't the '[General] Alarm' and 'Intruder Alarm' output sources go 'true' when I set the alarm off by waving at a PIR?

The dialloer really isn't the problem!

If I change the connected output's programming to be triggered on, say 'Bell SAB', then the alarm goes off and the dialler dials.

Put the programming for the output back to "Alarm", or "Intruder Alarm" and it doesn't dial.

The output simply isn't changing state if it's programmed to one of those outputs.

Intruder alarm output may go negative (+Remove), i think you need to check the dialler is programmed for the right type of input.

The output simply isn't changing state if it's programmed to one of those outputs.

If these are the onboard digi / comms outputs have you a) programmed them right B) installed pull up resistors.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Guest mkh

Go into Menu 2 (arming options) go into Options and then go to Options 2, in here you will find an option called 'Part Arm Coms' (which will be off) enable it and you will have your coms when you part arm the panel.

cheers. That's sorted it.

I had noticed that option, but assumed it related to any on-board coms I (didn't have) installed... The installation manual isn't very clear?

Go into Menu 2 (arming options) go into Options and then go to Options 2, in here you will find an option called 'Part Arm Coms' (which will be off) enable it and you will have your coms when you part arm the panel.

Archived