Security Installer Community

Menvier Ts510 Alarm Tamper Light?

Guest ROSEM

Guest ROSEM

:hmm: Can Anybody instruct me on how to re-set my alarm. Came home from work today after estate agent had shown someone around. (am selling house) She called to advise me had problems re-setting alarm. The tamper light is flashing and will not allow re-set.

Any help would be really appreciated. :)

Guest ROSEM
Find the source of the tamper, restore the tamper, then reset the alarm as normal.

Failing that call your service engineer.

Sorry to sound like a moron, How do I find the source?

Guest ROSEM
Possibly keypad tamper from entrering the wrong code to many times, but has the Estate agent told you the full story?

You need to speak to your installer.

Pete

cheers Pete, Is there a way of re-setting from a keypad tamper? :unsure:

could be the the estate agent was typing the wrong code in the system and after 4 attemps it would go into tamper.

Enter you passcode and press 0 (end) it should clear the fault.

When I enter the code, as soon as it is entered the bells sound, and will only cease when I re-enter again. Dont you just love Estate agents. :realmad:

Guest ROSEM
You need to find out the exact events that caused the alarm to activate from te estate agent.

When was the system last serviced?

Not in the last 3 yrs. :rolleyes:

Guest ROSEM
Could be anything then? probably the Estate agent activated the system on entry, but because the system has not been service the external sounder caused to much load on the system blew the bell fuse and caused bell tamper.

Not really the estate agents fault

Apparently what she said was entry was no problem, but re-setting on exit was impossible.

I think a job for a professional alarm person is on the cards. :hmm:

Apparently what she said was entry was no problem, but re-setting on exit was impossible.

I think a job for a professional alarm person is on the cards. :hmm:

Check all your devices for any signs of tampering. If there is nothing obvious then it does sound like an engineer is required. it would be a good idea to get it serviced anyway :yes:

Are there any zone lights illuminated also?

If you don't know......ask.

Guest ROSEM
Check all your devices for any signs of tampering. If there is nothing obvious then it does sound like an engineer is required. it would be a good idea to get it serviced anyway :yes:

Are there any zone lights illuminated also?

Nope Just the green and the flashing red tamper. :P

Had a scenario like this. A chap was selling his house and wanted to get his alarm serviced before he sold it, so we make the 120 odd mile round trip to do it (it was only a small 5 zone system, but the guy wanted the original co to do it) Estate agent was showing someone around who pressed a PA button "to see what it did". They could'nt reset the system, so they removed the fuse from the spur and battery to stop it (which did'nt work either).

Customer very mad, so phoned us up to have it put right, holding the estate agent accountable for any charges incurred. I believe the total including milage, at 70p per mile, was well over

Trade Member

Guest ROSEM
Had a scenario like this. A chap was selling his house and wanted to get his alarm serviced before he sold it, so we make the 120 odd mile round trip to do it (it was only a small 5 zone system, but the guy wanted the original co to do it) Estate agent was showing someone around who pressed a PA button "to see what it did". They could'nt reset the system, so they removed the fuse from the spur and battery to stop it (which did'nt work either).

Customer very mad, so phoned us up to have it put right, holding the estate agent accountable for any charges incurred. I believe the total including milage, at 70p per mile, was well over

Guest ROSEM
have you tried pressing no 3 (reset) after your code?

TRIED THIS, THIS MORNING AND PRESSING 00 AFTER THE CODE, STILL TO NO AVAIL.

:no:

hi rosem,

if inputing you code is not clearing the system,

you have no panic buttons (my '1st port of call' after estate agents visit).

green light is on

then most likely imo to be blown fuse as peter suggests or the lid contact on the control panel as this can be a bit tempermental if the wall its mounted on is uneven.

you could try tightenning the two phillips lid screws but do not open the panel under any circumstances as you will expose yourself to lethal voltages and possible injury from a falling battery.

either way you are best to get a trained alarm engineer services, if you do not know of one then please select an NSI or SSAIB registered company they should be able to help you. a registered installer may be a bit more expensive than the 'bloke down the road' but if you have some complaint you will have recourse with their inspectorate if they do not perform (but this is unlikely).

no one wants to spend money, a brand new battery and a good maintenance/inspection is a nice selling touch so well worth it - especially seeing as you have had a 'free' 3 years.

regs

arfur_mo

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest ROSEM
hi rosem,

if inputing you code is not clearing the system,

you have no panic buttons (my '1st port of call' after estate agents visit).

green light is on

then most likely imo to be blown fuse as peter suggests or the lid contact on the control panel as this can be a bit tempermental if the wall its mounted on is uneven.

you could try tightenning the two phillips lid screws but do not open the panel under any circumstances as you will expose yourself to lethal voltages and possible injury from a falling battery.

either way you are best to get a trained alarm engineer services, if you do not know of one then please select an NSI or SSAIB registered company they should be able to help you. a registered installer may be a bit more expensive than the 'bloke down the road' but if you have some complaint you will have recourse with their inspectorate if they do not perform (but this is unlikely).

no one wants to spend money, a brand new battery and a good maintenance/inspection is a nice selling touch so well worth it - especially seeing as you have had a 'free' 3 years.

regs

arfur_mo

cheers Arfur_mo, Just spoke to Estate agent and she did input the wrong code. :realmad:

Didnt say too much as she has just also sold my house!!! :P

A happy ending after all B) ;)

cheers Arfur_mo, Just spoke to Estate agent and she did input the wrong code. :realmad:

Didnt say too much as she has just also sold my house!!! :P

A happy ending after all B) ;)

ah! a happy ending :rolleyes:

i say there are lies, dammed lies and estate agents (bless 'em).

regs

arfur_mo

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived