Security Installer Community

Starting Up

Well chaps its now 6 months since We set up on our own.

We have had 3 days in that time with no work. Things are going realy well and we have just taken on our 1st full time engineer, 3 of us now. But i agree with the rest of you i am now working about 100 hours a week inc paper work book keeping etc.

We should be SSAIB aproved within the next few weeks.

I feel i could never go back to cards in now.

cheers: Andy

Well chaps its now 6 months since We set up on our own.

We have had 3 days in that time with no work. Things are going realy well and we have just taken on our 1st full time engineer, 3 of us now. But i agree with the rest of you i am now working about 100 hours a week inc paper work book keeping etc.

cheers: Andy

Well done Andy just out of intrested what sort of advertising did you do and how much work was sub contract??

Ive just registered as self employed today and things all kick off on tuesday with my first few weeks of subby work booked in.

cheers,

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...

LOL

I am more stressed than ever with over £70k out standing at any one point.. We have more work on than ever, 7 members of staff and looking at a new engineer in the new year.

Trust me dont think its an easy ride cos its not... Thinking back 9 - 5 at Hex was a dream.. but did not get the ££ i needed.

I have had shinges this last few weeks due to stress.

So dont think its an easy ride, its NOT.....

But on the plus side we are picking up loads of installs and most important loads of 3 year contracts :)

Edited by whistle