Security Installer Community

Veritas 8 Manual

Guest David Banks

Guest David Banks

I moved into my house over 2 years ago and dont know a great deal about the alarm that is installed. I know how to set and unset and thats it. I know nothing of how the set Zones etc. It is a Veritas 8. I need to move a cable which is hanging loosely (never been covered by trunking etc) I want to place it underneath some trunking to hide it. To do this I think Im going to have to disconnect it in order to place it inside the trunking. But I will need to turn off the alarm, and I have no idea how to do so.

Does anyone have an instruction manual to email me or guide me on how to power off the alarm all together. There is a fuse box outside the alarm

My email is David.Banks37@ntlworld.com

I have emailed you the user manual. Powering the system down to allow you move the cable is relatively easy, however you will need access to the external sounder on the property also, to disable the sounder first(unless you are happy to let it ring for 20 minutes if it has a cut off timer and if not it will ring until its battery runs flat-NOT RECCOMENDED)

I imagine that as you have been in your house for two years you have not had it serviced by an engineer or any of the batteries changed and you will not also be able to accertain if the previous occupier had the system serviced either.

I would suggest that you contact a professional local installer and get them to come and service the system and program it to meet your needs fully. They will also be able to reclip the cable back to the wall, probably neater than having a piece of oversized trunking doing the same job. You will find that an installer will charge in the region of £45 to £65 plus any batteries needed, for the service and would most likely not charge to reclip the cable.

Colin.

Well Colin, if the customer doesnt offer to make a cup of tea, im afraid I would charge for the cable clipping.... so note to customers.... be nice to the alarm engineer and you might get a small fix for free.

Dale :D

My business also has a veritas 8 alarm, and the previous owners had all this installed by a friend who did security work. i had a few problems wih a long-time employee who is now no longer working for me, and they knew the alarm code and had, for a long period of time, the opportunity to get keys cut for all the doors (internal and external). I find this a bit worrying, so I have been trying to get the alarm code changed. An engineer has been and visited, after weeks of waiting, and I've been told I need the manual for him to change the code. I don't have a copy of the manual, or contact with either the previous owner's or their friend, so would it be possible for someone to e-mail a copy? And also, if there is any reason why I shouldn't change the code myself?

Thanks in advance,

Susan Stevens

susan@stevens95.demon.co.uk

to change your code:

enter existing code.

press prog.

press 60.

enter your new code followed by prog.

press reset

if your panel is a old veritas then slightly different

enter exidting code

press 00

press 01

enter new code

press prog

press reset

try the old code it shouldnt work - now try new code it should.

repeat if old code still works putting 02 or 03 etc. where 01 is.

good luck and i,m sorry if your engineer loses out on charging you just to change a code!! :rolleyes:

and re postings at top a cup of tea/coffee goes a long way with me as to whats go on the docket ie chargable call or not!! ;)

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Im afraid I would be warry of a security engineer who doesnt know how to obtain installation manuals. Most engineers have copies of popular alarms - such as the veritas, and even if they dont have a copy themselves they should know where to get them - ie friends or manufacturer.

Also if your a business ensure you get an approved alarm company to verify the integrity of your alarm system as most business insurances insist you have an approved alarm system.

Dale

• 9 months later...
Guest Andrew Robinson

Can someone please help, we have moved into a new shop that has a Veritas 8 control panel, the previous company has lost the manual, could someone please email the manual at Andrew@typewritercentres.co.uk, thanks alit in advance

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest_sarah_*

goldspark@btinternet.com

hi

my dad left me a VERITAS 8C ALARM when he passed away and i need a manual on which wires go where is side control panel can anyone please email me one please.

all wires where disconnected and the glass fuses where out as well ,,, what size fuses goes where there are 3 fuses on the main control panel to the left of the key pad there the ones i need to know about .

any help please .

thanks

sarah

:D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Guest_stephen_*
I moved into my house over 2 years ago and dont know a great deal about the alarm that is installed. I know how to set and unset and thats it. I know nothing of how the set Zones etc. It is a Veritas 8. I need to move a cable which is hanging loosely (never been covered by trunking etc) I want to place it underneath some trunking to hide it. To do this I think Im going to have to disconnect it in order to place it inside the trunking. But I will need to turn off the alarm, and I have no idea how to do so.

Does anyone have an instruction manual to email me or guide me on how to power off the alarm all together. There is a fuse box outside the alarm

My email is steandras@ntlworld.com

5156[/snapback]

• 1 month later...

just moved into a new property with a Veritas R8 panel, all power has been disconnected, Can anyone email me the installation manual or provide me with the default code for when I powerup please.

Previous owners has a nasty divorce and have left no information.

thanks in advance

Email jdonovan@btinternet.com

:wacko:

Unfortunately we don't give out installation manuals on this site. Here are the user instructions.

Veritas_8_User_Guide.pdf

I'd strongly recommend you have the unit serviced though, as it could save you money in the long run if the alarm fails to perform due to some basic error in it's programming.

• 1 year later...

Does anyone have the instructions for a Veritas8C only i need to change the code and am unable to do this...it is a new house and the previous owners left no instructions........Thanks

Does anyone have the instructions for a Veritas8C only i need to change the code and am unable to do this...it is a new house and the previous owners left no instructions........Thanks

My email is Watsonadmin@hotmail.com thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Johnsteels

Hi we have had a veritas 8c alarm for sometime now and have rented the house out on two occasions. Unfortunately the manual we had went missing through tenancy. I managed to find a PDF user manual which was OK but we would like to reset it back to the factory defaults as some of the zones have been disabled etc. We were told by an electrician who has a fair knowledge of alarms that we would need the tecnicians manual to achieve this. Can anyone help? If anyone requires the user manual please let me know at j.steels@ntlworld.com

Thanks John S

We were told by an electrician who has a fair knowledge of alarms

Er, lol?

Anyway, he's right but you won't get an engineer manual here unless you're an engineer. What you need is an alarm engineer to come out to default and reprogram the system for you.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mavrikmouse
to change your code:

enter existing code.

press prog.

press 60.

enter your new code followed by prog.

Hi mate,

could you also tell me how to go into Engineering mode as friend has lost the engineering code and would like to do a walk test etc. and test the system. beleieve the keypad is a veritas RKP4, 8, OR 16p (mavricmouse@yahoo.co.uk)

press reset

if your panel is a old veritas then slightly different

enter exidting code

press 00

press 01

enter new code

press prog

press reset

try the old code it shouldnt work - now try new code it should.

repeat if old code still works putting 02 or 03 etc. where 01 is.

good luck and i,m sorry if your engineer loses out on charging you just to change a code!! :rolleyes:

and re postings at top a cup of tea/coffee goes a long way with me as to whats go on the docket ie chargable call or not!! ;)

walk test is on page 2 of the above user manual :whistle:

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

• 6 months later...
I have emailed you the user manual. Powering the system down to allow you move the cable is relatively easy, however you will need access to the external sounder on the property also, to disable the sounder first(unless you are happy to let it ring for 20 minutes if it has a cut off timer and if not it will ring until its battery runs flat-NOT RECCOMENDED)

I imagine that as you have been in your house for two years you have not had it serviced by an engineer or any of the batteries changed and you will not also be able to accertain if the previous occupier had the system serviced either.

I would suggest that you contact a professional local installer and get them to come and service the system and program it to meet your needs fully. They will also be able to reclip the cable back to the wall, probably neater than having a piece of oversized trunking doing the same job. You will find that an installer will charge in the region of £45 to £65 plus any batteries needed, for the service and would most likely not charge to reclip the cable.

Colin.

hi colin,

would it be possible if you could tell me how to change the alarm number for a veritas8c, i have just moved into a new house and the old tenants had wrote the number down and left it but i dont feel safe as i dont know how many ppl know the number, i would be very greatful if you could help, my e-mail is Navilla_386@msn.com, thanks very much

Emma

hi colin,

would it be possible if you could tell me how to change the alarm number for a veritas8c, i have just moved into a new house and the old tenants had wrote the number down and left it but i dont feel safe as i dont know how many ppl know the number, i would be very greatful if you could help, my e-mail is Navilla_386@msn.com, thanks very much

Emma

Email Sent Emma, user manual attached to it.

Dave.

Archived