Guest David Banks

Guest mavrikmouse
to change your code:

enter existing code.

press prog.

press 60.

enter your new code followed by prog.

Hi mate,

could you also tell me how to go into Engineering mode as friend has lost the engineering code and would like to do a walk test etc. and test the system. beleieve the keypad is a veritas RKP4, 8, OR 16p (mavricmouse@yahoo.co.uk)

press reset

if your panel is a old veritas then slightly different

enter exidting code

press 00

press 01

enter new code

press prog

press reset

try the old code it shouldnt work - now try new code it should.

repeat if old code still works putting 02 or 03 etc. where 01 is.

good luck and i,m sorry if your engineer loses out on charging you just to change a code!! :rolleyes:

and re postings at top a cup of tea/coffee goes a long way with me as to whats go on the docket ie chargable call or not!! ;)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

walk test is on page 2 of the above user manual :whistle:

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

• 6 months later...
I have emailed you the user manual. Powering the system down to allow you move the cable is relatively easy, however you will need access to the external sounder on the property also, to disable the sounder first(unless you are happy to let it ring for 20 minutes if it has a cut off timer and if not it will ring until its battery runs flat-NOT RECCOMENDED)

I imagine that as you have been in your house for two years you have not had it serviced by an engineer or any of the batteries changed and you will not also be able to accertain if the previous occupier had the system serviced either.

I would suggest that you contact a professional local installer and get them to come and service the system and program it to meet your needs fully. They will also be able to reclip the cable back to the wall, probably neater than having a piece of oversized trunking doing the same job. You will find that an installer will charge in the region of £45 to £65 plus any batteries needed, for the service and would most likely not charge to reclip the cable.

Colin.

hi colin,

would it be possible if you could tell me how to change the alarm number for a veritas8c, i have just moved into a new house and the old tenants had wrote the number down and left it but i dont feel safe as i dont know how many ppl know the number, i would be very greatful if you could help, my e-mail is Navilla_386@msn.com, thanks very much

Emma

hi colin,

would it be possible if you could tell me how to change the alarm number for a veritas8c, i have just moved into a new house and the old tenants had wrote the number down and left it but i dont feel safe as i dont know how many ppl know the number, i would be very greatful if you could help, my e-mail is Navilla_386@msn.com, thanks very much

Emma

Email Sent Emma, user manual attached to it.

Dave.

• 3 months later...
Guest krismoly
Unfortunately we don't give out installation manuals on this site. Here are the user instructions.

Veritas_8_User_Guide.pdf

I'd strongly recommend you have the unit serviced though, as it could save you money in the long run if the alarm fails to perform due to some basic error in it's programming.

Hi folks

I have tried using the above link to download the user manual for the veritas 8, but for some reason i can't.

I would be grateful if someone could email it to me.

kris_molyneux@hotmail.co.uk

Regards

Kris

Archived