Security Installer Community

Veritas 8 Will Not Set...constant Intermittent Beep

Guest Mark G

Hi All

I have recently moved into a property. The Veritas 8 alarm installed by the previous owner has worked perfectly for the last few months. However now, when I put in the code and try to activate the alarm, the alarm beeps but does not stop after 30 seconds. The beeping continues and the alarm remains unset.

Can anyone help me with problem. If, as I suspect, it's going to require an engineer, can anyone recommend an engineer in the Sheffield area.

Thanks

Sorry how do you mean "count the beeps"?.

Once i've input the security code the beeps dont stop, they keep going until the code is put back in again.

Guest Guest

The quick succesion of beeps isnt happening at all. All I'm getting after entering code then pressing full, is a consistent repetative double beep.

Guest Guest
:rolleyes: Double beep, that would be 2 then. This should be accompanied by the zone 2 indicator being lit. What's on zone 2?

That would be the sensor on our landing

If its 2 steady beeps without any zone lights showing , its the setting tone.If its 2 quick beeps and the zone 2 led lit , then its the landing sensor.

If it was programmed for Final Door Set (system sets 3 secs after door closes ) then I'd still suspect the door contact.Do a walk test to ensure all devices are working.

Regards

:)

Archived