Security Installer Community

!!wasps!! In Lofts

Guest ian@apex network

Guest ian@apex network

Summer)Friday turn up to install and its a bungalow, + friday = pub by 12 o`clock excellent , got steps in opened loft hatch put lead lamp up, pluged in then !!buzzzzzzz!! lamp was totaly covered in wasps looked like the bulb had blown. No way HATE um, :fear: Cancelled untill sorted,

Anyway it was pub at open time for me sweet as!!

Lead lamp still up there i think!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Cyberprog
Loft tools required.... fly and wasp killer (always in van stock) hammer to hit or throw at rats (bugger the ceiling!!) and I muist learn to wear that ruddy dust mask!!!

LOL@ the rat hammer :)

Yes its true my neighbour used to have honeybees and I got interested i used to have 25 hives but due to work have less now there is upto 70k bees in a hive in summer. Wasps are scum but if you dont annoy honey bees they wont annoy you.

Guest Cyberprog

Yeah, we have both in our loft :) Well, had wasps, we had those destroyed and more recently we've had bees, which the chap managed to remove to add to his collection - we were more than happy to let him take em :)

i was doing work in a loft a couple of years back, there was two flourescent lights up there and one of them was humming away because it hadnt been on for a long time so i get up there working away and the humming noise behind me was getting louder and then it became really loud and when i turned roundthe whole light fitting and that side of the loft was covered in wasps, i ran jumped out of hatch and quickly shut it behind me, and told client they said they get them every year but they dont do anything about it cos they dont use the loft.

Archived