Security Installer Community

Accenta 8

Guest GazSuttonUK

First thing i would do was replace the battery.When it went off was it all sounders or external only?

All the sensors still operate and yes it was the ext only.

cheers

John

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Accenta 8

I still have a locked down power pad,should I disconect the battery and power then re-conect,

Will I loose my code? if so how do I silence alarm?

I have no tamper zones showing.

Can anyone help.

:(

I've had exactly the same problem as Shutty for a few days since a power cut when I was out. Followed these instructions and all back working now, thanks :).

Can someone tell me why this would of happened in the first place? Could it have been a lengthy power cut and the battery couldn't cope for long enough and I need to replace it?

Guest oldtimer

The reason why it happened was that the system is more than 5 years old.

How do I know this ?

As you read the threads that come through the forum the majority of faults that Joe public highlights is power cuts.

As most of the alarm engineers on the forum know the control panel battery should be replaced every 5 years. Most systems that cause problems are the following.

1. Joe public fitting a DIY system that always has a smaller capicity battery fitted.

2. Electricians who have a stab at fitting alarms and end up using an old battery that has been lying around the workshop.

3. Joe public who either takes over a existing system or gets one fitted then does not get it serviced..

If you read the TI on batteries you will find that on average the 5 year rule applies

if the battery is housed in conditions where the ambiant temperature is high ie 25oC then this will shorten its lifespan.

Because our electricity supply in this country is becoming less reliable ie the odd power dip is becoming more common. Sensitive electronic alarm systems pick up on these and this can cause false alarms.

I once had a customer report that their alarm was faulty as he had a power cut in his street for 3 hours and his system did not alarm as most of the alarms in the street started to activate during this period the guy next door said that this was normal and that his system was faulty.

So what should happen during a power cut ? A: nothing If you system is installed and maintained correctly then the system will maintain itself for at least 8 hours

(this is a BS requirement).

The reason the alarms in my customers street activated at differant times during the power cut is that some sytems batteries were u/s or to small or to old ie 6-7 years old.

Hope this answers your question. I am sorry to rabbit on but this is a bugbear of mine because Joe public will pay £10k for a car and leave it outside their house but wil not pay £40 for a service and the cost of a battery every 5 years.

Archived