Security Installer Community

Accenta 8

Guest GazSuttonUK

Guest GazSuttonUK

Hi everyone,

New to the Forum.

Hope you can help with this problem.

I have a Accenta 8 Control Panel which is about 5 years old and mounted in the loft. Yesterday I accidently disconected it from the power suppy without noticing. About 8 hours later I noticed that there was no Power light on the keypad. Not long after that the alarm started to sound. At midnight I was not popular with the neighbours, I disconnected the battery from the bellbox. Today I puy everything back to how it was and now I have no Power light or Day light. The 1 - 9 keypads are alight. And also I have the Tamper Fault light on.

Please help, Gary.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Keypad has locked, Downpower the system again and re-apply the mains first, it should come back to life. Shut it up with your code, re-fit a NEW battery and close the panel lid, go back to the keypad and press the reset button.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest GazSuttonUK

Thanks for all your help.

Much appreciated.

Sorry to be a pain but do you know any suppliers I can get a Battery near to Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands.

Regards, Gary.

Your Welcome, take the old one with you and get one the same capacity or larger.

If its got a 1.9 or 2.1Ah battery in i`d replace it with a larger one, A 2.8Ah or 7.0Ah should be fine.

The 7Ah is £19.99 Here`s the link.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

These panels will lockout if you power it up with a tamper and will stay that way until you clear the tamper, strangely though you do normally have to enter your code before it locks up, you sure you didnt do that?

Anyway link out the tampers 1 by 1 and press the lid spring down on the panel, you'll hear a bleep when it's clear, this should make it clear which tamper is the offending one. B)

egg03064.gif

Archived