Security Installer Community

omnicron 8000 alarm panel

Guest garth05

Guest garth05

Hello, my new home is fitted with an omnicron 8000 alarm and keypad. Unfortunately, the previous owners didn't leave a user manual. Does anyone know how i can get a user manual so as to change codes etc...

Thankyou

I'm just looking for a user manual.

Personally, I would just bin it and fit something else as the Omnicron is not held in very high regard tbh.

Edited by Lurch

Reset

Prog function

Existing code

New code

Reset reset

and if this fails try a large hammer :P

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

Guest garth05

thanks PJF - job sorted! Also, i have a remote keypad which is lit up but doesn't appear to respond to any key pressing. Any ideas would be appreciated. cheers

The RKPs for the omnicron are in my opion a pain, Only ever fitted one and could not get it to work, but luckily the customer sold the house before I got back to have another go.

If im correct the buttons are very stiff so have you tried pressing fairly hard(with a hammer). :P

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

and if this fails try a large hammer :P

71010[/snapback]

If im correct the buttons are very stiff so have you tried pressing fairly hard(with a hammer).

Who likes the hammer then......

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

:)

Best thing for them, Its only a matter of time before it gives up or atleast the membrain wears out.

If I was garth 05 I would get it swapped now before he starts to decorate his new house, get a VR8 or simlar.

• 12 years later...