Security Installer Community

SD1+ Speech dialler problems

Guest roonster

Guest roonster

Hi,

I decided to buy a speech dialler. Opted for the sd1 instead of the texecom.

Anyways, Ive installed it, but can get it to carry out a test dial.

Ive hardwired it to a BT point.

5 in the BT socket is white/blue and is connected to terminal A on the dialler.

2 in the BT socket is solid blue and is connected to terminal B on the dialler.

Other connections are 12v, 0v, and the trigger input.

Anyways i tried a test call and it is not dialling out. Ive recorded a message etc.

I tried sending to user 1. But it doesnt ring the phone and then bipasses and starts playing the message through the loud speaker.

I lifted the normal phone up while it was test dialling, and I hear the BT lady saying

"Sorry you have dialled incorrectly, please try again"

Ive tried two different mobile numbers and neither dial. Ive set to tone and pulse and still no joy.

Anyone point me where im going wrong?

cheers.

Guest roonster

Ohh righty, solved my own problem!

The damn thing needs a micro filter! Ive got broadband and i noticed that it dialled out on the test when the PC was turned off!

THat means modem off = no connection and it started dialling.

So i guess a micro filter will sort it.

Damn thing had me worried there for a while. I was totally bummed out. Had no idea what the problem could be. :cry:

Edited by roonster

• 12 years later...

Hello, 

I have a SD1 + Speech Dialler connected to a Scantronic 9651 Control Panel.

The system was working fine but not used for a long time as it needed an engineer reset after I installed a new battery. The reset was done after some time and after I found the user manual. Now all seems OK with no errors. But when the dialler calls the 1st number after the alarm is triggered 2 things happen.

1. Dialler kicks in normally and calls the 1st no. but only the 1st part of the message is played to the receiving phone. I.e. the part recorded in "PHRASE 0" where from what I can tell it should Play "PHRASE 0" and "PHRASE A".

So. the call receiver hears "This is the alarm at ADDRESS" (Phrase 0). And they don't hear the (Phrase A). "Press 8 to acknowledge".

Problem 2. Even if the recipient presses 8. The SD1+ Dialler receives the 8 key acknowledgement tone and plays the acknowledgement "tune" back to the dialled phone. However the alarm does not cancel. I.e. it is not sending a signal back to the control panel or the control panel is not responding to the signal.

Any suggestions or help is much appreciated.

FYI. Im not an experienced alarm installer.. but am fairly good with electronics generally.

Thanks

Nad

Well the sd1 doesn't respond to the panel, so what you on about dude

Example if the sd1 is connected to the bell output of the panel in trigger , bell activates , triggers dialler , dialler dials , person responds pressing 8 dialler either stops or calls next number if it's setup to call next number 

Maybe dialler has lost some settings somehow and you need to reprogramme

Maybe explain what you mean by control panel is not responding