Security Installer Community

OPTIMA Compact - Service Warning

Guest oneillm

Guest oneillm

I have an OAP neighbour who has an Optima Compact alarm installed. The Tamper light is flashing and according to the manual indicates that it is a Service Warning.

In the past when this has happened, he has called the alarm company who come out, spend 5 minutes at the control panel, charges £60 and then leaves. This is a large amount of money for an OAP and for 5 minutes work. Can anybody tell me made needs to do to clear this indicator, and if possible, any other tips on what needs to done during a service. I have carried a walk test and all seems OK

Guest Peter James

You cant switch the service timer off without the engineer code , however, you also dont have to have the system serviced the flashing light will not stop the system from working.

It is good practice to have the system serviced on a regular basis, if the chaps insurance company knows he has an alarm they may well be expecting it to be serviced

Different companys work different ways when it comes to service contracts, our service contract is less than £50per annum(audible only) but this charge is not just for the visit (which should take around 20mins minimum) but it pays for a man to be on call 24hrs, we give discount on parts and labour to all our contract customers, and it covers all the administration costs that go with it.

The service should be carried out to B.S.4737 the checks are designed to prevent false alarms and to make sure that the system is working as specified. A regulary maintained system will last longer, as faulty parts are noticed and replaced preventing further damage being caused.

So shop around I would advise to only choose Nacoss or Ssiabcompanies its the only way to be sure you havent got a cowboy.(no offence to any of the lads on this site that are not approved)

Pete :)

Guest Police Alarm Tech

Easy carefully remove piece of blu-tak that has been holding up the page3 poster in the van (This is where it gets technical).Place over the offending led.You have now sucessfully gained your city&guilds in bodging and scarpering. Well done! Haha

Guest oneillm

Pete,

Many Thanks for the information. We have the engineers code, but not too sure what you have to do to reset the service indicator. The user manual did state that the alarm will still function normally under this condition and I agree that it is a good idea to have the alarm regularly checked, etc. But as my neighbour is very concerned (freting !) that things are not in their normal state, I would like to clear the indicator and then sort out a better service engineer.

To reset the timer:

Press PROG enter the engineer code ( all the zone lights will come on)

Enter the engineer code (the panel will beep to acknowledge)

Tamper light now on.

Press 7 (attack light on)

Press 3 (Zone lights on momentarilly also day light on)

Press 0( service timer now disabled)

Press reset 3 times.

Timer is now off and system in normal unset day mode.

Colin.

Archived