Security Installer Community

Master Blasters

antinode

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sparky169
i was working in an office doing a RM. i overlooked the extra cable to the master blaster and did a bell test. unfortunately it was above the false tile in the main office just above the secratarys head. i got a letter of recommendation to my boss from them :teehee::oops:

what recomended you get the sack from your job you mean camerabloke :hmm:

What, when you copied the article??

what are you wittering on about cubit you fuit cake :lol: :lol: :lol:

what recomended you get the sack from your job you mean camerabloke :hmm:

what are you wittering on about cubit you fuit cake :lol: :lol: :lol:

Me??? Jeez

when you cut and paste something, at least modify it so it at least looks like it might have originated from you.

• 1 year later...

me and another engineer was servicing a cinema. we was told by the manager dont set off the bells because we open and have customers anyway i start walking around walk testing when all hell broke loose my idiot friend decided to test the bells because he knew best. next thing you know everyone comes running out of the cinema. i quickly leg it back to the keypad to find my idiot friend isnt there i switch the bells off causing the master blasters X 6 to shut off. he then comes back with a bucket of popcorn and says whats up with you. i look at him out of breath and go HE TOLD YOU NOT TO PUT THE BELLS ON!!!!!!!. next minute we have the manager back next to us. saying right you have just cost the trade for the day everyone has asked for a refund. I pointed at my mate and said he's paying and of course the service will be free of charge.

and dont get me started on WHITE NOISE SOUNDERS

• 2 weeks later...
me and another engineer was servicing a cinema. we was told by the manager dont set off the bells because we open and have customers anyway i start walking around walk testing when all hell broke loose my idiot friend decided to test the bells because he knew best. next thing you know everyone comes running out of the cinema. i quickly leg it back to the keypad to find my idiot friend isnt there i switch the bells off causing the master blasters X 6 to shut off. he then comes back with a bucket of popcorn and says whats up with you. i look at him out of breath and go HE TOLD YOU NOT TO PUT THE BELLS ON!!!!!!!. next minute we have the manager back next to us. saying right you have just cost the trade for the day everyone has asked for a refund. I pointed at my mate and said he's paying and of course the service will be free of charge.

and dont get me started on WHITE NOISE SOUNDERS

that wasnt a galaxy by any chance was it.

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

• 4 weeks later...

attended a site last year ( new install ) the customer said when they set the alarm the master blaster goes off .....ok a few open zones somewhere ......but oh no the installers had connected it to a set output :ranting: and the master blaster was above the entry door ......my ears are still ringing to :cold2:

attended a site last year ( new install ) the customer said when they set the alarm the master blaster goes off .....ok a few open zones somewhere ......but oh no the installers had connected it to a set output :ranting: and the master blaster was above the entry door ......my ears are still ringing to :cold2:

So they did not test the system before hand over then!

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

• 1 month later...

Just the usual for me with the apprentice, when I did do a bit of installation in the early 90's.

Sent him up to fit it right up in the roof space of a large storage unit we were working in.

Have you screwed it on....? Yeah....

Have you got the mains on to it....? Yeah...

Have you connected the trigger wires....? Doing it now....

Tell me when you've connected them up.... Will do.....

..........Long gap................

......................................Longer gap..................................................

Done it......

A colleague of mine and I were now staring up the ladder from the store room where the panel was as I accidentally popped the trigger wires across the battery.... Purely accidental...

How we giggled as we watched that ladder shake and various tools and items crash to the floor.... Much to our disappointment, he stayed up there... :unsure:

I still feel guilty about that - that was some SERIOUS noise in an empty unit like that! So dangerous too, but you don't think about that at the time do you... Ahem... :whistle:

Kate C

x

• 1 year later...

IIRC the current model MasterBlasters are continuously rated, mainly due to the siren being produced by the motor driven fan and the design pushes the air over the motor as well to help cool it.

Had one customer ask me to spec *3* MB's on his warehouse, pointed out that the locals might think WW3 was about to start and to start with a single MB and decide if he needed more once he'd heard just how bloody loud they are!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

My one where there was a smoke cloak and a MB in a high end fashion shop in Knightsbridge and no one nor the spec said anything about it. (TS2500)  So bell test and BOOOOM................

Apparently I was the 4th engineer to do it.

The owner was not very happy and I have never heard someone so posh swear so much :D

Testing at a ISP HUB. GD520 in and there are 4 MB`s and the boss said let him know and he`ll leave his wife in there alone on the test (Both friends BTW Well almost not after the event with her :D ).

• 6 months later...

We had something similar with a service on a fog cannon.  

Local bookies, isolated the cannon but whoever had wired the isolation had wired it wrong.

Full clear out, took ages too as it was a nice day with no wind and only the front door to get it through.

Archived