Security Installer Community

Drilling through a wall.....

borris

One of the install lads was drilling a hole through a wall into the kitchen to get a cable through. Now I have to admit, I have hit a cable before, but never a fridge!!!!! Not only did he hit it, he went straight through the side.

Another one using cherry picker. Was told not to park on the grass but did anyway. When it comes to leaving he couldn't shift the van. Had to get a crane in to lift it out of the ditch he had created. So not only was the grass destroyed, but also some of the road from the crane!!!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bet that went down like a sack of brown stuff.

The worst Ive seen is half the plaster fall off the other side of the wall.

i know some one who drilled from the garage to under the stairs and into a wedding album

56511[/snapback]

What about one of our guys drilled into a cupboard and the drill bit got stuck, he cut the drill bit off and filled over it as he couldnt find it in the cupboard.

Trouble is the house owner found it when he went to get one of his LPs out of the cupboard and found his whole collection speared by a 600mm bit.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest IM_Alarms

Copied from previous post............

I was once drilling into an understair cupboard at skirting height and happened across the 4" post holding the stairs up, so decided to take it off hammer and just push it through. Well ten minutes later I finally got through and pulled back my red hot drill bit. I push the cable through and fed "plenty" into the cupboard which was so full of junk I hadn't bothered to pre-clear it. I was figuring on just reaching behind it all and fishing the cable clear, which is what I tried to do.......... and tried some more ........ and tried some more. Until I finally decided to clear the cupboard to see where my cable was. Eventially pulling out all the last bottles of xmas plonk to find my cable (about 5M lon) inside a bottle of Scotch !!!

It appears that the bottle must have been tight up against the wood and my drill was just the right temperature to burn its way through. It looked like a pickled snake. I'm sure the customer thought I been drinking with all that smell after i'd pulled it out..........

LMAO.... Some good ones here.

I've seen a guy drill through a wall on landing to run an upstairs keypad wire up inside airing cupboard in bathroom and he drilled straight into the hot water tank. Boy did the water flow.

Also, i had a sprog with me not so many moons ago and i told him to drill straight up through floorboards behind a bed so i could get a cable. He totally missed drilled from the spot i told him to drill and ended up getting the drill stuck in the bottom of a steel filing cabinet at the side of the bed. Both of us were tugging it (in reverse) for ages. Literally hanging from the roof. Luckily the customer never saw what went off and there has never been any come backs from the job :blink:

Trade Member

Archived