Security Installer Community

Problems changing engineers code on Veritas R8

Guest MYT123

Guest MYT123

Usual story, but with a twist!

I've recently moved into my new house and it's fitted with a Veritas R8. I was given the user code and the user manual. I quickly changed the user code to my own private number and that went without a hic-cup. I've been wanting to change the exit entry timers so I got a copy of the installation manual. Unfortunately the engineer code had been changed from the default number.

No probs, I do a restore default settings and now the engineer code is back to the default. The problem now is that i cant change the engineer code to my chosen private number. I've tried the 2 methods for pre and post '99 models but each one gives me double bleep, I've also noticed that some of the programming menus are not available as listed in my installation manual (Veritas 8, Veritas 8Compact, Veritas R8).

Any ideas would be appreciated,

MYT123.

PS. Should also say that the only real problem is that I can't change the eng. code. I've managed to set up all my zones correctly as well as changing the entry/exit timers etc etc.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bear in mind also that defaulting the system may mean that it all needs reprogramming if things aren't wired for a default confuguration, not just entry\exit timers.

Guest MYT123

Once I'm in the programming mode (ie all 8 LEDs on), if i press 01 I just get a single low tone - aarrrgggghhhhhhh!

The engineers code is not locked because a restore default settings (which I did earlier today) restored the eng. code from god-knows-what it was before.

MYT123.

Archived