Security Installer Community

ADE optima compact manual

Guest rwybrow

Guest anguscanplay
Hi

I meant that once I turn the mains off, the alarm starts and I couldn't stop it. IT SHOULDNT I need to switch the mains off to upgrade the switch board and it could take a days job.. I cannot keep the alarm sounding. There must be a swtich off to the system. NO THERE IS A BATTERY TO KEEP THE PANEL POWERED

Now if I turn off the mains and disconnect the battery it may do the job but then what is the default code to rearm the alarm please?

fadi

CHANGE THE BATTERY FIRST THEN TURN THE MAINS OFF - job done

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, i got the same alarm system, but i dont know vere the remote is, probably there arent one. And tha problem is..... i had to dissconnect maince, and now the strobe lights and attack light is on, reset button doesn't do anything. I dont know who installed the system and where to call. Can anyone help thanks :)

Guest Thunderfingers

Unfortunately we are not permitted to give out engineers codes for intruder systems for obvious reasons,although it may still have the default code installed so you might have someone you know with the same system in the same position.

Best bet is to contact a local company north of Dub (in the Blanchardstown/FInglas area or thereabouts).

• 4 months later...

Hi I was hoping someone could help, I've just moved into a reposessed house so don't have the alarm code for the optima system. We've had to manage over the weekend by just not turning that fuse on which unfortunatley is also the one that covers all the plug sockets!

Do I need a specific Optima security guy to reset the code for me or will a generic guy be able to do it? Is it an easy job?

To be honest I don't know where to start as I've never had an alarm before, I tried google (came up with this forum) but I'm still a bit lost as to where to start.

thanks in advance

Claire

Hi , There should be a fused spur near the alarm panel ( small white box the size of a light switch) remove the fuse from this and you can then turn the sockets on without the alarm receiving power.

The Optima is a very basic panel and any engineer should be able to sort it for you.

This forum cannot provide the manual..but carry on your search on google.

• 4 weeks later...

HI, SO PLEASED I FOUND THIS SITE. HAD AN OPTIMA ALARM FITTED IN A NEW BUILD OFFICE AT WORK BUT THE MANUAL WENT MISSING DURING THE DECORATION PROCESS SO HAVE BEEN USING THE DEFAULT SETTING AND HOPING THERE WOULD BE NO PROBLEMS. NOW I AM SORTED!! THANKS

:cheersbeer.gif

Archived