Security Installer Community

ADE optima compact manual

Guest rwybrow

Guest rwybrow

Dear All,

I have recently moved in to a house with an ADE optima compact alarm system but the people who owned the house before did not leave the manual. They did leave basic intructions, but i would like to have a copy of the maunal.

I have been onto the ADE website, but they do not stock this as an online manual.

Does anyone have a copy that they can send me? or does anyone know how i can get one?

Thanks alot

Rob

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...
Guest andyuk71
Here you go then.

Optima_Compact_User.pdf

Hi, I found this site through having the same problem as rwybrow in the previos post, though my only information was the previous alarm code. The manual pdf file has enabled me to change my code, many thanks, though my alarm is a slightly different model. It too is an ADE Optima Compact though it only has 6 zones and there's no reference to G3. Do you know where I might be able to download the manual for my particular model? Thanks again, Andy.

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi

I too have just moved in to a property with an ADE Optima Compact 6 Zone however mine was installed in 1998 has anyone got the manual for one that old or is it basicly the same as the G3

Hi

I too have just moved in to a property with an ADE Optima Compact 6 Zone however mine was installed in 1998 has anyone got the manual for one that old or is it basicly the same as the G3

Here ya go .....

Optima_Compact_6_Operating_Instructions_.pdf

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

• 2 months later...

Here ya go .....

Optima_Compact_6_Operating_Instructions_.pdf

Hello

Thank you for the Optima compact manual.. I have an Optima compact too and I want to turn it off to work on the mains but once the mains are turned off the alarm goes off. How can I silence it please?

There is no provision for this in the manual

Best regards

Hello everyone

Thank you all for the Optima compact manuals and advice.. I have an Optima compact too and I want to turn it off to work on the mains but once the mains are turned off the alarm goes off. How can I silence it please?

Best regards

Guest anguscanplay
Hello everyone

Thank you all for the Optima compact manuals and advice.. I have an Optima compact too and I want to turn it off to work on the mains but once the mains are turned off the alarm goes off. How can I silence it please?

Best regards

it shouldnt - the alarm battery is faulty, replace this first

it shouldnt - the alarm battery is faulty, replace this first

Hi

I meant that once I turn the mains off, the alarm starts and I couldn't stop it. I need to switch the mains off to upgrade the switch board and it could take a days job.. I cannot keep the alarm sounding. There must be a swtich off to the system.

Now if I turn off the mains and disconnect the battery it may do the job but then what is the default code to rearm the alarm please?

fadi

Hi

I meant that once I turn the mains off, the alarm starts and I couldn't stop it. I need to switch the mains off to upgrade the switch board and it could take a days job.. I cannot keep the alarm sounding. There must be a swtich off to the system.

Now if I turn off the mains and disconnect the battery it may do the job but then what is the default code to rearm the alarm please?

fadi

1) No there is not

2) We will not provide such information

See here - http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/comm...mp;f=2&id=8

Your alarm is working as designed to.

Please do not ask for bypassing, disabling or silencing info again.

Thank you.

C.

:)

Guest anguscanplay
Hi

I meant that once I turn the mains off, the alarm starts and I couldn't stop it. IT SHOULDNT I need to switch the mains off to upgrade the switch board and it could take a days job.. I cannot keep the alarm sounding. There must be a swtich off to the system. NO THERE IS A BATTERY TO KEEP THE PANEL POWERED

fadi

CHANGE THE BATTERY FIRST THEN TURN THE MAINS OFF - job done

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, i got the same alarm system, but i dont know vere the remote is, probably there arent one. And tha problem is..... i had to dissconnect maince, and now the strobe lights and attack light is on, reset button doesn't do anything. I dont know who installed the system and where to call. Can anyone help thanks :)

Guest Thunderfingers

Unfortunately we are not permitted to give out engineers codes for intruder systems for obvious reasons,although it may still have the default code installed so you might have someone you know with the same system in the same position.

Best bet is to contact a local company north of Dub (in the Blanchardstown/FInglas area or thereabouts).

• 4 months later...

Hi I was hoping someone could help, I've just moved into a reposessed house so don't have the alarm code for the optima system. We've had to manage over the weekend by just not turning that fuse on which unfortunatley is also the one that covers all the plug sockets!

Do I need a specific Optima security guy to reset the code for me or will a generic guy be able to do it? Is it an easy job?

To be honest I don't know where to start as I've never had an alarm before, I tried google (came up with this forum) but I'm still a bit lost as to where to start.

thanks in advance

Claire

Hi , There should be a fused spur near the alarm panel ( small white box the size of a light switch) remove the fuse from this and you can then turn the sockets on without the alarm receiving power.

The Optima is a very basic panel and any engineer should be able to sort it for you.

This forum cannot provide the manual..but carry on your search on google.

• 4 weeks later...

HI, SO PLEASED I FOUND THIS SITE. HAD AN OPTIMA ALARM FITTED IN A NEW BUILD OFFICE AT WORK BUT THE MANUAL WENT MISSING DURING THE DECORATION PROCESS SO HAVE BEEN USING THE DEFAULT SETTING AND HOPING THERE WOULD BE NO PROBLEMS. NOW I AM SORTED!! THANKS

:cheersbeer.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I've jusr discovered this forum via a search on Google. I have a feeling that you cannot help because of the nature of the problem, but at the moment I don't want to go to the expense of calling an engineer out.

I'm looking after my son's house while he's away. His alarm, an Optima Compact, seems to have self-destructed in that it will (sometimes) sound the alarm for a while or make strange noises as if trying to sound the alarm. The light does not flash. The internal siren doesn't sound (though sometimes makes that noise a dodgy loudspeaker makes when it is trying to make a noise). It sounds perfectly when inputting the code or when a zone is triggered after setting the alarm and exiting the house. Re-setting makes no difference. Putting the code in makes no difference. As it is not my alarm I don't want to land him with a large (or even small) bill.

Is there any way I can stop the outside siren from sounding rather than totally disabling the system (my other option, but I don't suppose you'll tell me how to do that!). This should leave the internal siren working (I assume?)

I'll download the manual and have a look if there is anything in there, but I doubt it for the same reasons that I doubt you can help. I've also been advised to speak to the manufacturers by a local company I called, which is how I discovered this forum in trying to find them, so I'll try that as well. In the meantime, any help or advice you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry if I'm asking the impossible.

Frank

Your not asking the impossible but im afraid as you already note we cannot help as this is basically disabling your sons system.

It does sound however that there are a few faults and i would recommend you get them looked at.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Hi, I've jusr discovered this forum via a search on Google. I have a feeling that you cannot help because of the nature of the problem, but at the moment I don't want to go to the expense of calling an engineer out.

I'm looking after my son's house while he's away. His alarm, an Optima Compact, seems to have self-destructed in that it will (sometimes) sound the alarm for a while or make strange noises as if trying to sound the alarm. The light does not flash. The internal siren doesn't sound (though sometimes makes that noise a dodgy loudspeaker makes when it is trying to make a noise). It sounds perfectly when inputting the code or when a zone is triggered after setting the alarm and exiting the house. Re-setting makes no difference. Putting the code in makes no difference. As it is not my alarm I don't want to land him with a large (or even small) bill.

Is there any way I can stop the outside siren from sounding rather than totally disabling the system (my other option, but I don't suppose you'll tell me how to do that!). This should leave the internal siren working (I assume?)

I'll download the manual and have a look if there is anything in there, but I doubt it for the same reasons that I doubt you can help. I've also been advised to speak to the manufacturers by a local company I called, which is how I discovered this forum in trying to find them, so I'll try that as well. In the meantime, any help or advice you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry if I'm asking the impossible.

Frank

There's a saying, "If it ain't broke don't fix it", however in this case your son's panel is broke and it needs fixing!

I would suggest you call a local installer to either disable or replace the panel - I know you don't want to do that but in it's current condition things could get a lot worse and your son could become very unpopular with the neighbours.

cheers, chaps.

I've spoken with the manufacturer, Honeywell, who were most helpful and have told me that I can disable the outside bell, triggering the alarm and so sounding the internal siren. This I can then switch off by inputting the user code and the whole unit goes into tamper mode and is disabled, otherwise the internal siren will continue to sound. If only I wasn't afraid of heights!

Incidentally, I did try ringing the electrician who I think installed it as his number was on the unit. The number no longer exists and his mobile number began 04, so you can tell it's been there a while! Looks like I'll have to find someone else. The annoying thing is that it has been going off for about a week before they went away, but they didn't think it was their alarm because "it sounds different to when we test it." Kids!!!

Thanks again for the help you were unable to give and the advice you so quickly did. :)

Archived