Security Installer Community

Optima XM6 NVM Reset

Guest Alan111S

Guest Alan111S

Hi

I am a householder who inherited this alarm when I moved in. I was not left the code but managed to find out how to do an NVM reset, even though the battery was knackered. Then the system worked OK for about 18 months. We then had a power cut recently - when power was restored the alarm went off and the Tamper light became lit.

I replaced the battery, but the tamper light remains lit. So, I went for another NVM reset and powered down and disconnected the battery. Put in the link wire. Powered up. The system is then in self test mode and activating a PIR lights the relevant zone. Removed the link wire while power still on. Replaced the normal wiring (Attack light goes out). But tamper light stays on and the old code still works. Am I doing something wrong?

Sorry Alan but we cannot give out defaulting information on the public forum.

All the tamper circuits have to be closed before it will reset. That may help you.

I'd suggest getting a professional to look at it for you.

You can have a look here and here for someone that covers your area.

:)

If you don't know......ask.

Am I doing something wrong?

46170[/snapback]

Yes, trying to save money when you shouldn't be!

This system has a fault, which you knew about. Resetting the NVM does not clear faults such as knackered batteries. Sounds like the panels probably had it now.

If you'd had it serviced and repaired by an engineer 18 months ago it would still be working correctly now. I think the only thing to do is let an engineer have a look at the system and advise on the extent of it's knackeredness.

Guest Alan111S
All the tamper circuits have to be closed before it will reset. That may help you.

The system worked perfectly even with a knaclkered battery. Well, the battery was alright but wouldn't hold charge. So, I don't think that is the problem.

Thanks Brian for your suggestion. I managed to get the NVM to reset as the code is now *****. I then******sure enough it went into 'Day' mode. I have now narrowed it down to the Tamper circuit. With a bridge*******, it will go into Day mode.

How can I troubleshoot the tamper circuit?. I know that each sensor has a tamper circuit and that they are wired together in series.

I could pay someone to do this but I enjoy fixing it myself - I like the challenge. BTW, the 111S is the model number of my Lotus Elise

Although you might like tinkering with the alarm it still needs servicing. The batteries knackered, the panels going to be next. The battery *is* a problem.

You wouldn't run you Lotus with no oil would you? Well this is the same thing, it won't do it any good. What you're doing is like runing the car with no oil but making sure the bodywork is sound, completely pointless.

An intruder alarm isn't something to be played with.

• 7 months later...
Guest ukchik33
Hi

I am a householder who inherited this alarm when I moved in. I was not left the code but managed to find out how to do an NVM reset, even though the battery was knackered. Then the system worked OK for about 18 months. We then had a power cut recently - when power was restored the alarm went off and the Tamper light became lit.

I replaced the battery, but the tamper light remains lit. So, I went for another NVM reset and powered down and disconnected the battery. Put in the link wire. Powered up. The system is then in self test mode and activating a PIR lights the relevant zone. Removed the link wire while power still on. Replaced the normal wiring (Attack light goes out). But tamper light stays on and the old code still works. Am I doing something wrong?

Hi I am wondering if you can help me with my problem as I noticed you managed to do a reset without the previous pin code. Just like myself I've just moved into a new house with the same alarm, could you please forward me details on how to reset the alarm with a new pin code taking into account that I don't have the previous owner's code. Many thanks. It would be much appreciated.

Archived