Security Installer Community

DSC Zone Tamper

Guest gchamberlain

Valid points there (mumblemumble..nitpickingba..mumblemumble).

The same principle could be applied to the rear tamper if the switch is mounted in the same way, though.

Like i said.............if you cannot get a replacement. Replacing it will be the quickest, easiest and best solution.

If you don't know......ask.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest gchamberlain

Some people consider sarcasm to be the lowest form of wit, you know!

I suppose that would make me witless?

I tried stretching the spring when I took the picture. So far the tamper has stayed out. But if it gives me any more trouble, I will jumper the switch. So I can jumper either pair?

I can't disable 'tamper' in software?

Gary

Guest gchamberlain

Where is the rear tamper? On the board or on the case? Is the rear tamper supposed to indicate a board that has been removed from the case or a case that has been removed from its mounting surface? This guy is attached to the door with double faced foam tape.

Gary

Where is the rear tamper?  On the board or on the case?  Is the rear tamper supposed to indicate a board that has been removed from the case or a case that has been removed from its mounting surface?  This guy is attached to the door with double faced foam tape. 

Gary

43747[/snapback]

The rear tamper is on the board, and is to show if the full case is removed from the door..

I would remove it from the door, take off all the form tape, the put it back on with screws..

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

I suppose that would make me witless?

43745[/snapback]

:D Now, I never said that! :P

I tried stretching the spring when I took the picture.  So far the tamper has stayed out.  But if it gives me any more trouble, I will jumper the switch.  So I can jumper either pair? 

43745[/snapback]

I honestly don't know, it would be trial and errror. I would say it could either pair.

Are you not able to get a replacement? It would be the best solution.

I can't disable 'tamper' in software?

Gary

43745[/snapback]

No. I very much doubt it.

This guy is attached to the door with double faced foam tape. 

43747[/snapback]

Ah, I'd put that down as a good likely cause. First off, a couple of screws in this device, and all the other devices that are just stuck to the wall, would probably solve a few problems.

Ah, I'd put that down as a good likely cause. First off, a couple of screws in this device, and all the other devices that are just stuck to the wall, would probably solve a few problems.

43759[/snapback]

Completely agree.

Archived