Security Installer Community

DSC Zone Tamper

Guest gchamberlain

Guest gchamberlain

How do I disable Zone Tamper? (It only works in Double EOL Resistor Supervision - I really don't want to change the EOL configuration.) Can I disable it in software. Sometimes I get faulty Tamper signals. I especially don

Sounds to me like your system is in rather a sorry state and could do with a decent service. If the low battery warning tones are keeping you awake then the answer is not to stop the panel bleeping, the battery and panel need checking.

The same applies to the tampers, if the tampers are activating then the tamper circuit and panel need testing, not disabling.

Guest gchamberlain

My system may very well be in a sorry state of repair but that doesn't get around having an installer that is not familiar with the system. When he comes out he often has to call someone else to figure out basics. The last time he was here, he came out to install a DSL line filter when I added DSL. I also wanted him to work on my 2-way voice monitoring. He didn't have a clue about that so 2-way voice is currently disabled. He would have to 'research' it and come back again. Service calls are eating me up. But first things first, I woul like to take care of the little annoyances first.

There is an //.National Installer.// guy in the area but he is more salesman that installer. I have used him before but he is more interested in gettig me to change my monitoring service that in working on my system.

As for the low battery I am talking about the wireless sensor batteries, I change batteries-problem solved. It works just like it is supposed to. I just don't want to do it in the middle of the night. The trouble light gives me all the indication I need.

Guest gchamberlain

1) Change installers

If I could find one locally, I would.

2) Get a hard wired panel, low bat problem solved. And more importantly it will work if someone breaks in.

The panel is hard wired. The WLS915 Door/Wndow contact detectors are wireless.

P.S if you set it at night you wont get the battery low indication till the morning when you unset it.

Gary

Warner Robins, Georgia

USA

43094[/snapback]

Sounds like a job for me :lol:

Tamper alarm that disappear itself sounds like some module failure. Also if you press *2 while the trouble light is lit and it just says "call service" it is most propably some module that is trying to freak you out. ONLY event buffer will give your engineer the proper reason for the fault.

If your engineer isn't equipped with laptop and/or the company he is working for doesn't have service center with remote programming ability DO NOT USE THEM!!!!!!!

DSC is quality panel. If it is showing yellow light then the installer is faulty!

Since you have installer code you are able to set it up for receiving calls and set access code which is needed for remote diagnostics.

IF you want someone from other side of the globe to do it, you can call me to +358207545220 or PM me for details. Do not put your phone number + access code into public forum...

Other option is to check the whole log manually and copy EVERYTHING here.

You will get to log by entering

* 6 [MASTER CODE] *

Guest gchamberlain
Sounds like a job for me  :lol:

Tamper alarm that disappear itself sounds like some module failure. Also if you press *2 while the trouble light is lit and it just says "call service" it is most propably some module that is trying to freak you out. ONLY event buffer will give your engineer the proper reason for the fault.

If your engineer isn't equipped with laptop and/or the company he is working for doesn't have service center with remote programming ability DO NOT USE THEM!!!!!!!

DSC is quality panel. If it is showing yellow light then the installer is faulty!

Since you have installer code you are able to set it up for receiving calls and set access code which is needed for remote diagnostics.

IF you want someone from other side of the globe to do it, you can call me to +358207545220 or PM me for details. Do not put your phone number + access code into public forum...

Other option is to check the whole log manually and copy EVERYTHING here.

You will get to log by entering   

* 6 [MASTER CODE] *

43266[/snapback]

Guest gchamberlain

*2 will tell me which module is giving me the tamper. It is a specific door. Sometimes it clears on its own. That is why I say it is intermitent. Could be a dirty tamper switch. Don't know and don't really care. I still see no practical point in remote tamper sensor indicators.

Engineer doesn't use a laptop. ha.... The monitoring service sends out the engineer. They contract someone in the area. This engineer will call DSC and ask some questions that even I know are really stupid. I would like to pick up enough information to start maintaining this system myself. My original installer was great, let me help install the system, taught me a lot about it, responded if I wanted programing changes, etc. He is no longer in the area. My monitoring service has changed hands several times too so I am sort of blowing in the wind at the moment. I also haven't gotten any good recommendations locally either.

Wish I could print the log. I don't have the printer interface. I will include some of the log entries when I get back home.

Gary

Guest gchamberlain

Here is a Log...

Opening by User 6:14a 3/10/05

Special Closing 11:56p 3/9/05

Armed in Home Mode 11:56p 3/9/05

Bypass LIV RM DOOR 11:56a 3/9/05

Partial Closing 11:56a 3/9/05

*1 Access by User 11:55a 3/9/05

Opening by User 6:25a 3/9/05

Special Closing 11:21p 3/8/05

Armed in Home Mode 11:21p 3/8/05

Bypass LIV RM DOOR 11:21p 3/8/05

Partial Closing 11:21p 3/8/05

*1 Access by User 11:20p 3/8/05

*1 Access by User 6:17p 3/8/05

*6 Access by User 6:16p 3/8/05

*1 Access by User 6:15p 3/8/05

*1 Access by User 10:31p 3/7/05

*1 Access by User 10:30p 3/7/05

Tamper LIV RM DOOR 9:22a 3/4/05

Tamper Restore LIV RM DOOR 1:14a 3/4/05

Tamper LIV RM DOOR 1:14a 3/4/05

Tamper Restore LIV RM DOOR 12:43a 3/4/05

Tamper LIV RM DOOR 12:42a 3/4/05

Tamper Restore LIV RM DOOR 12:21a 3/4/05

Tamper LIV RM DOOR 12:18a 3/4/05

Tamper Restore LIV RM DOOR 11:58p 3/3/05

Tamper LIV RM DOOR 11:57p 3/3/05

Tamper Restore LIV RM DOOR 11:27p 3/3/05

Tamper LIV RM DOOR 11:25p 3/3/05

Tamper Restore LIV RM DOOR 11:20p 3/3/05

Tamper LIV RM DOOR 11:20p 3/3/05

Tamper Restore LIV RM DOOR 11:20p 3/3/05

Tamper LIV RM DOOR 11:20p 3/3/05

Tamper Restore LIV RM DOOR 11:15p 3/3/05

*1 Access by User 10:14a 3/3/05

Tamper LIV RM DOOR 10:13a 3/3/05

Tamper Restore LIV RM DOOR 9:22a 3/3/05

Tamper LIV RM DOOR 9:22a 3/3/05

Tamper Restore LIV RM DOOR 9:22a 3/3/05

Tamper LIV RM DOOR 9:21a 3/3/05

Tamper Restore LIV RM DOOR 9:02a 3/3/05

Tamper LIV RM DOOR 9:02a 3/3/05

Tamper Restore LIV RM DOOR 9:02a 3/3/05

Tamper LIV RM DOOR 9:01a 3/3/05

Tamper Restore LIV RM DOOR 9:01a 3/3/05

Tamper Restore LIV RM DOOR 9:00a 3/3/05

Tamper LIV RM DOOR 8:56a 3/3/05

Tamper Restore LIV RM DOOR 8:56a 3/3/05

Tamper LIV RM DOOR 8:48a 3/3/05

Tamper Restore LIV RM DOOR 8:36a 3/3/05

Tamper LIV RM DOOR 8:17a 3/3/05

Tamper Restore LIV RM DOOR 8:17a 3/3/05

Tamper LIV RM DOOR 8:16a 3/3/05

Tamper Restore LIV RM DOOR 8:15a 3/3/05

And so un until the buffer fills up

If you are using the same magnetic contacts as we use over here, then it needs investigating, as the contact itself is not tampered, but the whole circuit is - hence you probably have a cable fault, and just disabling the tamper will not help - it'll just mean that the alarm only goes off when armed - or may not work at all.

D7

Weel, it's obviously your living room door that's causing the problem!

As D7 says, it is most likely to be the cable to the contact.

You cannot disable the tamper without programming or wiring changes.

The cable needs repairing or replacing.

If the cable between the panel and the living room door is being used solely for that door, you may be able to use the spare cores in that cable to replace the ones being used currently. This may help if only part of the cable has been damaged. If you don't feel confident to try this, call a local installer (or book me some flights! ;) ) to do it for you. a single zone tamper should be rectified quickly by any good installer.

If you don't know......ask.

Guest gchamberlain

It's not the cable. The WLS915 Door/Wndow contact detectors are wireless. There is a witch inside the detector that has a spring on it. If you open the case the spring releases the switch and the contact opens to signal the tamper. The case hasn't been opened. Bad temper switch? The rest of the detector seems to be working fine.

It's not the cable.  The WLS915 Door/Wndow contact detectors are wireless.

43494[/snapback]

Oh! :blush:

There is a witch inside the detector that has a spring on it.  If you open the case the spring releases the switch and the contact opens to signal the tamper.  The case hasn't been opened. Bad temper switch?  The rest of the detector seems to be working fine.

43494[/snapback]

(I don't think they have moods!) ;)

Ok. Try gently opening and closing the cover repeatedly. You should hear the switch click as it opens and closes. It may be working fine but you could stretch the spring slightly with your fingers just to ensure it's really pushing the switch enough when the cover's closed.

It's more likely to be the connection of the switch to the PCB. Can you see any signs of damage or water, etc? Can you post a picture? You may be able to disconnect/link out the tamper on the door contact PCB, if you feel competent to.

It's also possible that the dorr contact PCB has developed an unserviceable fault and the best solution all round would be to replace the detector for new.

There are two tampers switches on the wireless door contacts, have you check that is not the rear one...

Make sure the transmitter is not lose on the door frame, if that dose not work then it would be easier to replace it :yes:

Can you post a picture?

Picture for Brian :lol:

post-1457-1110557511.jpg

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Some people consider sarcasm to be the lowest form of wit, you know!

If stretching the spring fails and you cannot get a replacement, you could link out the tamper by linking, either the legs shown by the black, or the red arrows.

post-2990-1110652354.jpg

Either the lid tamper switch (as stated) rear tamper (if it has one) but my money goes on a dry joint on the tamper switch.
Yes they do have a rear tamper switch ;)
If stretching the spring fails and you cannot get a replacement, you could link out the tamper by linking, either the legs shown by the black, or the red arrows.

Will not work if its the rear tamper :whistle:

I would take the transmitter off the door then press in both tampers, then see if the tamper fault clears..

If it clears then one of the tampers has not been pressed in, if the fault will not clear then replace the transmitter..

Valid points there (mumblemumble..nitpickingba..mumblemumble).

The same principle could be applied to the rear tamper if the switch is mounted in the same way, though.

Like i said.............if you cannot get a replacement. Replacing it will be the quickest, easiest and best solution.

Guest gchamberlain

Some people consider sarcasm to be the lowest form of wit, you know!

I suppose that would make me witless?

I tried stretching the spring when I took the picture. So far the tamper has stayed out. But if it gives me any more trouble, I will jumper the switch. So I can jumper either pair?

I can't disable 'tamper' in software?

Gary

Guest gchamberlain

Where is the rear tamper? On the board or on the case? Is the rear tamper supposed to indicate a board that has been removed from the case or a case that has been removed from its mounting surface? This guy is attached to the door with double faced foam tape.

Gary

Where is the rear tamper?  On the board or on the case?  Is the rear tamper supposed to indicate a board that has been removed from the case or a case that has been removed from its mounting surface?  This guy is attached to the door with double faced foam tape. 

Gary

43747[/snapback]

The rear tamper is on the board, and is to show if the full case is removed from the door..

I would remove it from the door, take off all the form tape, the put it back on with screws..

Archived