Security Installer Community

PLANET CCTV alias System Q

C.S TEK.

Keep getting a catalougue through every few months from Planet CCTV also known as system Q i beleive.

Full of cheap CCTV equipment, but is it worth a lookin?

got a few DVR's inside a 4 way 80gb for £199

should imagine this is very mickey mouse and the compression rate ****!

has anyone bought any equipment from this company?

feed back would be much appreciaited?

chris

ISC Systems Ltd

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanx for the advice peter,

they sound much the same as LJD then.

Talking of Y3k, i bought a covert camera in pir once, no paperwork with it and it lasted about a week, :realmad:

Most jobs need reliablity so i think ill stick to norbain or Vcl then.

chris

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

We fitted several System Q CCTV kits a few years ago, all are still going strong and have never given us or the customer any problems.

Those small all black totally weather proof cameras are great. Even work under water if req`d.

Never fitted one of their DVR`s though so shant comment on those.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

We did fit their stuff until a warning about the non-existent returns policy.

About 9 Months latter we had one of the small black cameras produce a poor picture. Returned it and they said it has a cracked lens must of been hit very hard. No visible damage to any part of the camera or bracket it was mounted at roof level on a domestic so couldn

Trade Member

• 1 month later...
Guest aeading
Keep getting a catalougue through every few months from Planet CCTV also known as system Q i beleive.

Full of cheap CCTV equipment, but is it worth a lookin?

got a few DVR's inside a 4 way 80gb for £199

should imagine this is very mickey mouse and the compression rate ****!

has anyone bought any equipment from this company?

feed back would be much appreciaited?

chris

ISC Systems Ltd

32063[/snapback]

their quite a good company as for the kit your looking @ the cheep end

of the market ok if you know your stuff then you can see from the spec

if its any good but some spec`s lie the dvr`s personaly i think their ****

bought a few from them but you pay for what you get.But i do like their

cube camera for small installs looking over the front door of grannys house

they ok.

Guest eddiefast

hello chris

if you are on a buget then buy the dvr recoder from systemq its better to have something recording than nothing . if you are using high quality cameras you will not get the quality when you play back on a buget dvr. but remember a dvr is still better than a standard video recoder and it runs its self no tapes to change

hope this helps you

eddiefast

but remember a dvr is still better than a standard video recoder

35744[/snapback]

In general, but it's not always. I hope you don't go misadvising your customers with little comments like this. :whistle:

A decent time lapse VCR is better than a crappy DVR, just because something is newer and\or has 'digital' in its name doesn't make it better.

Guest eddiefast
In general, but it's not always. I hope you don't go misadvising your customers with little comments like this.  :whistle:

A decent time lapse VCR is better than a crappy DVR, just because something is newer and\or has 'digital' in its name doesn't make it better.

35751[/snapback]

sorry for my comment on digital videos thought i was helping. but you being a know it all and putting people down you must be right . i thought this forum was for helping people .or is it for people in the know to shoot down the little ones who are trying to learn. you could have been a little more tactful in your reply or are you on a power buzz lurch :whistle:

sorry for my comment on digital videos thought i was helping. but you being a know it all and putting people down you must be right . i thought this forum was for helping people .or is it for people in the know to shoot down the little ones who are trying to learn.  you could have been a little more tactful in your reply or are you on a power buzz lurch :whistle:

35872[/snapback]

Oh dear, here we go again......

The first line of my reply was tongue in cheek, the second is quite right and it wasn't meant to be a personal attack on yourself. It was slightly pedantic, but also a common misconception among a lot of people is the fact that anything digital is better.

Sorry if I caused offence to anyone, it wasn't intentional.

Digital recording tends to be easier. No tapes to change, and longer recording periods, and motion detection, and often networkable.

But in terms of ease of playback and recording quality I will fly in the face of popular opinion and say I still like a good quality VCR on a small (4 camera) system.

Plus, Courts still usually only accept video tape recordings.

• 1 month later...
Guest colinthecctvman

i did a pub down the road from where i live and have to say the cameras where ok but certainly not the quality i thought at the time. cop security is where i order from now and have to say they are absolutly excellent. the cameras are really clear pictures and the speed dome that is also on our home i will certainly use cop all the time but not planet cctv or system q as its known.

hope this is useful information

colin

I fitted stacks of Q cameras to PoZiTion nightclub here in Hull 3 years ago and although my first impressions were that those things were total tosh, they have stood the test of time and are still operating flawlessy today.

I managed to slice the edges down on one of these Q cameras too and fit it into the top of a RedWatch after the original cam kicked the bouquet. Just a matter of slowly shaving the resin away until it fit in the camera section.

ACE.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Hi.

Just a few quick replies to the post on here!!

This is Paul Goodwin, Managing Director of System Q Ltd.

We trade as PlanetCCTV/System Q and manufacture and distribute CCTV product to over 6000 UK installers. We genuinely do aim to please everyone but with 6000 customers we will get the odd grumble.

We aim to supply great products at great prices and that

System Q Ltd.

This is Paul Goodwin, Managing Director of System Q Ltd.

That name is a blast from the past (or I should say PAS ;) )

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

I've ordered a few things from this supplier and always found the service very good, I also order the small black advanced vision cameras, which are good quality barring the bracket.

All in all though a 8/10 supplier for the budget gear.

Justin

:D

8/10 is far too low.

Send me your full details and you will get our new catalogue out on Monday.

Regards,

Paul.

Better than LJD? I've fallen out with them today.

43540[/snapback]

System Q Ltd.

• 4 weeks later...

I have ordered many times from planet and find them excellent.

The "advanced vision" cube type camera is excellent and good for domestic applications.

I highly recommend there products and services.

-Alex.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived