Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier Elite Expanders, most zones not on main panel

ology

Hello all,

I'm just designing a new Texecom Premier Elite (24 or 48) to replace an old disconnected alarm, plus lot of new cabling for an extension and replacing all PIRs, keypad and sounders. Currently the central point most cables come into is a hot boiler cupboard which I'd rather not install the new panel.

Could I put 1 or 2 Premier 8XP expanders in this cupboard, wired to most of the zones, and then just cable these expanders to the control panel sited in a more sensible place? It'll be easier to run a single/2 cable to a new cupboard in extension from the expanders.

Any issues with have virtually no main zones wired direct to the control panel and everything on expanders - or shouldn't you do this?

Can a SAB sounder be wired to an expander, or does it have to come direct from the main panel?

It'll also have a couple of remote keypads, with door sensors using their zones to save on cabling.

New to these alarms (previously one was an old guardtec).

Possible but with programming and some caveats...

Firstly, current you need to do some current calculations to make sure your standby battery for the controls can last one activation and 12 hours, this will affect how you design the system.

Secondly, SAB on a expander is possible on a Texe they have a input that can be programmed as tamper return on the wired expanders. However, you have the issue of the bell sharing voltage with the rest of the network so be aware of voltage drop, I would personally only use this for an extra SCB myself.

Lastly keypad zones need mapping to a "real" zone so make sure you have enough zones.

Thanks for the advice, I think I'll at least try and get the SAB to the main panel to avoid any power drops.

Should be fine for total zones, will be well within the panel's maximum for the design.

Will also look at battery capacity for running over a period without mains.